Naples Birth Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Naples Birth Record

Post by adelfio »

chowdahgirl wrote:Marty,

Would you be able to help me. My father was a foster child. I have been researching his father here in the us and I have not been able to find him. My grandfather is a Romano and his father was Ncola Romano and his mother was Christina Motola. It looks like they were from Naples. I can be more specific with dates if you reply. My father died a very sad man because my grandfather left him and so did his mother. Long story...anyway let me know.

Thanks Marty
Hi and welcome to IG be glad to help, can you give a little more info
Why you think his dad is from Napoli?
Fathers name and age and where resided in US Any other siblings?

Marty
The more info you have the better for the research
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
chowdahgirl

Post by chowdahgirl »

Marty!

Thank-you for replying!IIn my dad's paperwork it says my grandfather came from Naples. I also have another record which is the a marriage certificate from Rhode Island for my grandfather and grandmotherfrom 9/9/18. My grandfather (Charles Romano) shows a date of birth of 10/12/ 1885 on it. It shows his father, my great grandfather, as Nicola Romano and his mother, my great grandmother as Cristina Sasso all from Naples. I also have a name of Motola in the records I received from my father's foster care. We have NEVER been able to locate a birth certificate for my father, also named Charles Romano (b. 1/26/20). He changed his name to McCoy (foster name) when he turned 18 and went into the service.I don't know how he got into the service without a birth certificate. He had heard he was born it Pittsburg, but after several requests to Pennsylvania and about 5 different surrounding states I have never found one. My grandmother Gergianna Synmonds (it says Andrews on the marriange certif) was married several times and was suppsedly has a long court history in Boston which is where we are from and my dad was dropped off when he was 1 1/2 years old. My grandmother (Georgiana) is from Peabody/Salem Mass.She abandoned my dad and grandfather. Beleive it or not but I have found cousins on my grandmother's side which I am so grateful for! I found them on Ancestry.com and we are in touch quite a bit. My heart still aches to find the Romano side. Eventhough my dad had his foster family, his foster brothers never made him feel like he was part of the family. He was never a "real McCoy." I have letters from my grandfather after my dad was left at Boston Charitble Organziation.The are full of love and thoughts for his baby boy as he sent payments wanting the BCO to care of him. I have three of those letters and I lamanated them. I thought I found family in NY-Staten Island, but I don't think I have the correct family. Marty..I really want to find out what happened to my grandfather. Did he go back to Italy, die in the war...I don't know. I have information in the foster packets but I am not coming up with alot.It's like he fell off the face of the earth. My grandmother remarried back in Ohio and I saw a 1930 census that had a Charles Romano as a border, but I can't find a death certificate with that DOB. My cousin who is a Symonds and big time into Ancestry.com tried to help me but we can't even find a death certificate for Georgianna. I just want to find anyone on his side. There is a big hole in my family that has festered over the years. Our sense of belonging to the Romano side is so strong and I am grasping for anything at this time. I was going to hit up the Italian American Club here in Venice, Fl for help until I saw this website. Sorry this is so wordy! Let me know if I can help with more info. I know Romano is like Smith in Naples so I am not sure where to start. In the records it shows my dad being left at BCO on 4/22/21. It also says that my grandfather came to the US 9 years prior (1912-ish). There is a Romano with a wife of Alphonsina from NY and that is not the family. I was so hopeful, but it didn't add up.

Than-you for your help!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi by 1920 census, if it is correct census, seeming that he arrived in 1905:
1920 United States Federal Census about Charles Romano
Name: Charles Romano
[Charles Romans]
[Charlie Romans]
Birth Year: abt 1889
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Leechburg, Armstrong, Pennsylvania
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1905
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Georgian Romano
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Home Owned: Rent
Able to Read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members: Name Age
Charles Romano
Georgian Romano

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I STARTED A POST FOR CHARLES ROMANO

MARTY
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
chowdahgirl

Post by chowdahgirl »

Thank you soooo much Suanj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will try to find a ship passenger list to see if he came over with anyone and maybe I can get a clue on the region of Naples. Are there records of people going back to Italy? Also, since I have the names of my great grandparents would their records be hard to find in Naples? Marty...thank-you for starting a post. How would I check it? Just search Charles Romano?
chowdahgirl

Post by chowdahgirl »

Suanj...I found a record!!! It is Carlo Romano...he came into Boston on June 19 1905. I looked at the printed record and it said he came to visit a friend. I looked to see on the record the last place of residence and I can't read it or understand it. If you have access to the ship record he is on the second line...I am not familiar with the towns in Italy but if you can tell me that then that could open a whole new door for me!!!!!!!!! Mille Graztie! If I could reach over the internet and give you a hug I would!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Check the other post Chow

Marty

Marty
pri_dpm

Post by pri_dpm »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me (not sure if this is even the place to be posting this...)
My grandfather was born in Naples, Italy in 1939, he later immigrated to Brazil, I would like to know if it's possible obtaining his birth certificate through here and not having to necessarily go to Italy.
His name is Alfredo Di Pinto
Date of Birth: July 6th, 1939
Would anyone be able to help me and if so, you need any more information?

Thank you so much in advance!!
Priscilla
michelleb314

Post by michelleb314 »

Hi guys. You helped me a lot a couple of years ago. I have the records you attached above but I am having trouble understanding them. What I am trying to find out is if on the mirage record for Michele and Flavia listed above does it have the location of the wedding? Im assuming it would be a church during this time.

Thanks
michelleb314

Post by michelleb314 »

Hi guys. You helped me a lot a couple of years ago. I have the records you attached above but I am having trouble understanding them. What I am trying to find out is if on the mirage record for Michele and Flavia listed above does it have the location of the wedding? Im assuming it would be a church during this time.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the civil wedding was in the Municipal House of Maddaloni ( Town Hall) and, normally, after some day or week, the wedding was performed also in the local Church....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH