Alderisio from colle sannita

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BethHirshberg

Alderisio from colle sannita

Post by BethHirshberg »

My grandfather, Pasquale Alderisio, a tailor, was born in Colle Sannita. The birthdate I have is 3 May 1876, but I don't know how accurate that is. He came to the US around 1892 (?). His father's name was Nicola and his mother was Filomenia Paulucci. This is all the information I have and I'm not sure of it's accuracy. I'm looking for relatives in Italy and any family history information.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Alderisio from colle sannita

Post by mfjp »

Here's one... but born 1882

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2804010670

First Name: Pasquale
Last Name: Alderisio
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Colle Sannita
Date of Arrival: September 13, 1901
Age at Arrival:  19y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Spartan Prince
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0029
----------------------
This manifest doesn't give too much detail... destination - New York...

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/359/nicola2vu.jpg

First Name: Nicola
Last Name: Alderisio
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: May 06, 1896
Age at Arrival:  53    Gender:  M    Marital Status:    
Ship of Travel: Noordland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0131
---------------------------------------------------
Why do you think he immigrated in 1892? Have you researched any census records?

If you would like to see a census record, you would have to give us the name of his wife, children, and area they lived in...

mfjp
BethHirshberg

Post by BethHirshberg »

mfjp wrote:Here's one... but born 1882

http//www.ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest ... 2804010670

First Name Pasquale
Last Name Alderisio
Ethnicity Italian
Last Place of Residence Colle Sannita
Date of Arrival September 13, 1901
Age at Arrival  19y    Gender  M    Marital Status  S  
Ship of Travel Spartan Prince
Port of Departure Palermo
Manifest Line Number 0029
----------------------
This manifest doesn't give too much detail... destination - New York...

http//img393.imageshack.us/img393/359/nicola2vu.jpg

First Name Nicola
Last Name Alderisio
Ethnicity Italian
Last Place of Residence
Date of Arrival May 06, 1896
Age at Arrival  53    Gender  M    Marital Status    
Ship of Travel Noordland
Port of Departure Antwerp
Manifest Line Number 0131
---------------------------------------------------
Why do you think he immigrated in 1892? Have you researched any census records?

If you would like to see a census record, you would have to give us the name of his wife, children, and area they lived in...

mfjp
Thanks for your help.
I found the Ellis Island manifest and thought it was my grandfather until I did somemore research. My grandparents were married in Manhattan in 1896 and their first daughter was born in 1899. In the 1930 census, pasquale's birthdate is about 1877. His death certificate said he was 55 in 1934 which would mean that he was born in 1879. I don't have a definite year, so I am quesstimating.
Everyone in the family who has tried to trace the Alderisio family in Italy has given up. I even have a picture of my aunt, in Italy, with her grandfather.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Will keep looking the Pasquale's manifest... but for now... here is some other info...

Here is a list of some of the Alderisio's who arrived in the 1890's

First name Last name Occupation Age Sex Arrived Origin Ship
ANTONIO ALDERISIO Laborer 23 F 1898-04-23 Italy Bolivia
GIOVANNI ALDERISIO Peasant 34 M 1904-05-09 Italy Citta Di Milano
MICHELE ALDERISIO Country Man 49 M 1897-05-26 Italy Clive
LUIGI ALDERISIO Tailor 29 M 1896-01-24 Italy Columbia
PAOLO ALDERISIO Laborer 32 M 1894-04-12 Italy Columbia
SAVERIO ALDERISIO Tailor 23 M 1894-04-04 Italy Massilia
BIAGIO ALDERISIO Laborer 22 M 1899-04-06 Italy Spartan Prince
MARIA ALDERISIO Domestic 26 F 1897-12-06 Italy Trojan Prince
DOMENICO ALDERISIO Shoemaker U M 1904-11-14 Italy Vincenzo Florio

Census records should state the year of immigration... which would help narrow the search for a boat record... by any chance, did they have 8 children in 1920 :?:

also... here is an Alderisio and a Paolucci travelling together...

Ceofilo Alderisio (travels with a Paolucci)
Arrival Date: 8 Apr 1887 Estimated Birth Year: 1859 Age: 28 Gender:  Male Port of Departure:  
Marseilles, France and Naples, Italy and Gibraltar Ship Name: Britannia Port of Arrival: New York Nativity: Italy Line: 33 Microfilm Roll: 505 List Number: 371

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/240/image22tv.gif

mfjp
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

BethHirshberg wrote:My grandfather, Pasquale Alderisio, a tailor, was born in Colle Sannita. The birthdate I have is 3 May 1876, but I don't know how accurate that is. He came to the US around 1892 (?). His father's name was Nicola and his mother was Filomenia Paulucci. This is all the information I have and I'm not sure of it's accuracy. I'm looking for relatives in Italy and any family history information.
Hi:
-Filomena PAOLUCCI (exact spelling) from Colle Sannita, came in USA, joining in New York Nicola husband,n in 1897, age 50, with daughter Maria Alderisio, age 26, joining husband Gino (Luigi) PETTI , more in travel Ludovico PETTI child, joining Gino father..

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2454040090

I cannot find the just Luigi Petti brother in law of your Pasquale, but could be is this record of April 30, 1897 Spaarndam ship:
http://ellisisland.org/search/viewTextM ... 2899090985

About your Pasquale no found, but I want search again... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

..hmmm are an suspect record... about an Pasquale ALDORASI age 21 in 1892 in travel with many people all with surnames of Molise region(as Venditti, Fiore, ..etc) well are wrote that last residence was Tyrol, very strange that all this people was in Tyrol, and final destination New York; this is the record and I hope that some friend here can help to understand better this record:
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 4033021001
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
BethHirshberg

Post by BethHirshberg »

Pasquale did have a sister, Maria, who married a Joe Petti. Could that be the Americanization of Gino? Sure sounds like Maria is my grandfather's sister....with the names of their parents being the same and from Colle Sannita. Various spellings for first and last names do not surprise me at all......But I'm having trouble with the dates for Pasquale's immigration and his marriage in Manhattan.
Did Nicola Alderisio and wife stay in US or return to Italy?
Someone gave me a copy(Not detailed) of the census from 1930 Bronx NY
Pasquale married to Elisia Alderisio with children: Fanny, Lena, George, Ida, Gloria, James, William.
Pasquale became a citizen in 1905 in Cuyahoga County Ohio.
Died on 30 Nov. 1934 in Bronx New York

Don't know if this helps or not but my grandmother's name was Efisia Maroldi (Efisia to Elisia to Grace all the same person! and I've had her last name spelled to me Maroldi to Maraldi to Maradla!) I apologize for the mess!!!
The story I got was that the Maroldi's were originally from nothern Italy but her father was in Garibaldi's army and they moved to Sicily. That may be where she was born because someone told me the spelling of her name was Sicilian.
I have Efisia's birthdate as 1880-1881
Did people get married in Italy and remarried in US?
Could my Aunt Fanny have been born in Italy even though the census says she was born in US.

Thank you for ALL your help. I GREATLY appreciate the time it takes.
I keep hoping that if I can get his immigration correct, I will have better luck in Colle Sannita.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Name: Pasquale Alderisio
Estimated birth year: abt 1877
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Elisia Alderisio
Race: White
Home in 1930: Bronx, Bronx, New York

Looks like Pasquale immigrated in 1893 and was naturalized by 1930
Wife arrived in 1891 and is also a NA in 1930.
Daughter Fanny is a widow living with her parents. Grandchild and daughte in law in home also.

The image has been edited. I had to just cut your portion off the page to save it to image shack. It was too large to put the whole page, sorry.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5333/pas19305vv.jpg
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Name: Pasquale Alderisio
Estimated birth year: abt 1877
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Manhattan, New York, New York

Pasquale state he entered the country in 1892 and was naturalized in 1908.
Wife entered the county in 1891

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4889/pas19209ge.jpg
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

BethHirshberg wrote:Pasquale did have a sister, Maria, who married a Joe Petti. Could that be the Americanization of Gino? Sure sounds like Maria is my grandfather's sister....with the names of their parents being the same and from Colle Sannita. Various spellings for first and last names do not surprise me at all......But I'm having trouble with the dates for Pasquale's immigration and his marriage in Manhattan.
Did Nicola Alderisio and wife stay in US or return to Italy?
Someone gave me a copy(Not detailed) of the census from 1930 Bronx NY
Pasquale married to Elisia Alderisio with children: Fanny, Lena, George, Ida, Gloria, James, William.
Pasquale became a citizen in 1905 in Cuyahoga County Ohio.
Died on 30 Nov. 1934 in Bronx New York

Don't know if this helps or not but my grandmother's name was Efisia Maroldi (Efisia to Elisia to Grace all the same person! and I've had her last name spelled to me Maroldi to Maraldi to Maradla!) I apologize for the mess!!!
The story I got was that the Maroldi's were originally from nothern Italy but her father was in Garibaldi's army and they moved to Sicily. That may be where she was born because someone told me the spelling of her name was Sicilian.
I have Efisia's birthdate as 1880-1881
Did people get married in Italy and remarried in US?
Could my Aunt Fanny have been born in Italy even though the census says she was born in US.

Thank you for ALL your help. I GREATLY appreciate the time it takes.
I keep hoping that if I can get his immigration correct, I will have better luck in Colle Sannita.
Hi could be Giuseppe, why on the ship's manifest the husband name is very illegible and I see an "G" sure initially... http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2454040090

as you can see... about if Nicola back in Italy I no know, but I think that stayed in USA, why the wife and son, daughter and grandsons, all family in USA....... so...

-about the ship's manifest of Pasquale I think that my second post is very probable....

-about Efisia Maroldi I no know, this is another search.. and the people can was married in Italy .. well someone colud be remarried in USA, this is the famous bigamy........ but normally was only civil marriage

-about the census: great searche Debbie, gorgeous, very well!
best regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
BethHirshberg

Post by BethHirshberg »

Thanks for all the help.

Questions: when you say wife immigrated 1891 does that mean they were already married or just the date that the woman who became Pasquale's wife immigrated?

My father never mentioned his grandfather, but my dad was born in 1912 in Cleveland, so perhaps his grandparents were deceased by that time.

Have to run for an appt.
Thanks for all your help......Beth
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Beth,

The wife (elisia?sp) was asked for the year she entered the US. IN 1920 and 1930 she says she entered in 1891 (or whoever provided the census information).

It has nothing to do with when or where she was married. All their children(unless there were older children not in the house on the census) were born in the US. She entered in 1891. First child born in 1899. My guess would be they married in the US.

I would suggest doing some research and find the family on the 1910 and 1900 census. Might have other children who died in early childhood.

Also you need to get their naturalization records
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Just to review...

Eliosia-Efisia-Elisia - born about 1881 immigrated in/about 1891... so she was just a child when she arrived into the USA

It would be nice if we could find a census record of her family... though I did read she married when she was 17... about 1898+-

So hopefully there should be some kind of a census record for her (age 19) in 1900 as an Alderisio...

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi Debbie, looks like we posted at the same time... and I too agree...

mfjp
BethHirshberg

Post by BethHirshberg »

Now I know why my grandmother spoke, read and wrote English so well!!

I have a copy of Pasquale's (grandfather) naturalization papers :
1905 Cuyahoga, Ohio. Cannot find my grandmother's but I'll bet she was naturalized much earlier than my grandfather since she came here as a child. Did entire families get naturalized together under just the father's name or should I check just her name?

Thanks so much
mfjp and Debbie, I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all your help.