Quattrocchi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Quattrocchi

Post by Biff83 »

There were no house numbers nor street names on any of the pages in the enumeration district for the 1910 census. Similar to other coal patch towns, houses were clustered around the various industries--a sawmill/lumber yard, railroad and colliery. And the various ethnic communities were likewise living in ethnic neighborhoods--Italians, Croatians/Lithuanians, English/Welsh/Scots-Irish.

It's hard to believe that the current Quat(t)ro(cchi) families in WV claim their and your families are not related, particularly since the majority share not only the same ancestral town but the same frazione in that town.

At this point, I'll continue to check for information but may have exhausted the resources I'm aware of. If I find anything, I'll certainly post what I find on this thread. As I mentioned before, you might consider writing for copies of the original birth and marriage acts which would give you details to pursue your ancestry through the records online.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"