Marraige Record Translation: Clemente/ Celeste

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Marraige Record Translation: Clemente/ Celeste

Post by tikibar22 »

I found this marriage record (#5 Right hand side) for Domenico Clemente & Maria Giuseppe Celeste located in the Part II of the Bagnoli Irp 1879 records. First I was wondering if anyone knows what the significance of the part 2 is; or how it differs from part 1 with marriage records? second if someone could please translate it for me.
Thanks Krissi

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2050764809
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Marraige Record Translation: Clemente/ Celeste

Post by Tessa78 »

tikibar22 wrote:I found this marriage record (#5 Right hand side) for Domenico Clemente & Maria Giuseppe Celeste located in the Part II of the Bagnoli Irp 1879 records. First I was wondering if anyone knows what the significance of the part 2 is; or how it differs from part 1 with marriage records? second if someone could please translate it for me.
Thanks Krissi

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2050764809
Sometimes the act - in this case a publication of banns - NOT a marriage act - was entered into the record later, or after the closing of the part I of the book. So they end up in part II - often just a continuation of the book :-)

FYI - the bride's name is Maria Celeste Sena - "Giuseppa" appears to be an error by the clerk, and is noted (you can see he "boxed" it, then stated "dico - Celeste"

This record is a request to publish the banns of marriage for the couple. This would give time for anyone opposing the marriage to come forward...

Record #5
Dated 19 December 1879 at 11 AM
Before the official appeared Antonio Clemente, age 60, laborer residing in this town, in the interests of his son Domenico Clemente, age 24, laborer residing in this town, and son of Mariantonia Palllante, a peasant farmer residing in this town;
AND
Maria Celeste Sena, age 24, residing in this town, daughter of Giuseppe and of Maddalena Preziuso, both peasant farmers residing in this town.

Right Column indicates the posting of the banns on the door of the town office, on 21 December, Sunday; 28 December; and finally on 31 December for 3 days.

Page 2 indicates that the spouses presented their birth acts to the official and the mother of the groom, Mariantonia Pallante, was there to give her consent to the contract to marry.

T.
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tikibar22 »

T- Thanks for clarifying the Pt2 for me, its helpful to understand things of this nature!

When the spouses presented their birth acts to the official, did it list the dates of the birth acts?
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

tikibar22 wrote:T- Thanks for clarifying the Pt2 for me, its helpful to understand things of this nature!

When the spouses presented their birth acts to the official, did it list the dates of the birth acts?
Unfortunately, no... :-(

T.