Military Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
leej

Military Records

Post by leej »

I would like to find any military records for ancestors born in the 1800's. I am interested in GUERRA'S from Fossombrone, BRUNO'S from Sessa Aurunca, DI RUSSO'S from Minturno & Formia and LIMATOLA'S from Cicciano, Naples. How/what is the proper address for each of these towns???? Is there a form letter I can use???? Do I send $$$, if so how much???? Thank you Lee
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Military Records

Post by adelfio »

The Archivio di Stato of each town which will be by the province each town is in they will have the info you seek by email or writing

Archivio di Stato listings
http://www.ancestrositalianos.com/archi ... .html#VIBO VALENTIA

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI PROVINCE
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di NAME OF PERSON classe di nascita YEAR OF BIRTH.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di leva di:NAME OF PERSON di FATHER IF KNOWN nato a TOWN BORN IN il YEAR BORN.Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

FROSSOMBRONE PESARO
Archivio di Stato di Pescara
Piazza della Marina 2/4
65126 Pescara (PE)
Teléfono: (+39) 085/4549724
E-Mail: as-pe@archivi.beniculturali.it
http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/ASPE

The State Archives of Pesaro, with sections of Urbino and Fano, has funds of civil status that document the history of the people who lived in the ancient territory of the province and municipalities. They cover the period 1808-1865 and are divided into three groups stored in three locations. The funds are available through inventories available to users. The institute has set up a service to research on ancestors who also works for correspondence. And 'possible to acquire copies of documentation.So I would email and ask if they are available

Sessa Aurunca CASERTA
Caserta
Archivio di Stato di Caserta
Via dei Bersaglieri, 7
81100 Caserta (CE)
Teléfono: (+39) 0823/355665, (+39) 0823/355665
E-Mail: as-ce@archivi.beniculturali.it
http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/ASCE/

Minturno & Formia Latina
These records are at the MILITARY DISTRICT OF ROME I don't think they will research for you You have to go through the registry year by year

Distretto Militare di Roma
Via Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiesa,2
00192 Roma (RM
The fund MILITARY DISTRICT OF ROME (classes 1854-1930) preserves both the lists of leverage that the roles matriculation of conscripts born and living in the municipalities of the province of Latina. Roles are given the length of military service, the campaigns of the war, the body of assignment until the final farewell

Cicciano,Napoli
Archivio di Stato di Napoli
Piazzetta Grande Archivio 5
80138 Napoli (NA)
Teléfono: (+39) 081/5638111, (+39) 081/5638300
E-Mail: as-na@archivi.beniculturali.it
http://www.archiviodistatonapoli.it
http://www.arcstatolatina.beniculturali.it

Good Luck

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
leej

Post by leej »

Thank you Marty. I will follow your advise and hope for the best Lee
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Marty,
maybe there is something I don't know, but why did you give Lee the address of Archivio di Stato di Pescara instead of Pesaro? :)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
leej

Post by leej »

Marty
I have prepared my letters. Is the address for Fossombrone correct, Pescara in lieu of Pesaro???? How many individual requests is it prudent to send at one time. Thanks again for your help Lee
leej

Post by leej »

Sabino
Sto inviando lettere per vedere se ci sono record militari per la famiglia Guerra, tutti nati a Fossombrone. Luigi 1777, Raffaele 1807, e nicola 1855. Grazie Lee
michael78888

Post by michael78888 »

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?
Michael
michael78888

Post by michael78888 »

maybe there is something I don't know, but why did you give Lee the address of Archivio di Stato di Pescara instead of Pesaro? :)
Michael
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

PippoM wrote:Marty,
Thank you for the back up Pippo and Sabino you are correct
Grazie
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
leej

Post by leej »

Marty, PippoM and Sabino
Grazie per la collaborazione. Devo usare Google per tradurre tra italiano e inglese. Spero che le mie comunicazioni sono venuti thru tutto bene. Lee