Ricci - Ferretti - family history - Alessandria, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
michael314

Ricci - Ferretti - family history - Alessandria, Italy

Post by michael314 »

Hello,

I am seeking any info related to my family history for these names. I would really appreciate any relevant info related to these names around the time of the early to middle 1800's or even earlier.

The couple was Battista Ricci and Teresa Ferretti who lived in the Alessandria region of Piedmont. They had at least one daughter name Luigia Ricci (1858-1934) who was married to Francesco Ferrara (1857-1929). I don't have any earlier info about them or their date of birth, marriage, death or where they actually lived.

Thank you so much for anything you can provide!

Regards,
Michael
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Ricci - Ferretti - family history - Alessandria, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

michael314 wrote:Hello,

I am seeking any info related to my family history for these names. I would really appreciate any relevant info related to these names around the time of the early to middle 1800's or even earlier.

The couple was Battista Ricci and Teresa Ferretti who lived in the Alessandria region of Piedmont. They had at least one daughter name Luigia Ricci (1858-1934) who was married to Francesco Ferrara (1857-1929). I don't have any earlier info about them or their date of birth, marriage, death or where they actually lived.

Thank you so much for anything you can provide!

Regards,
Michael
Hello, Michael, and welcome to the forum! :-)

Could you answer a few questions?

Since ALESSANDRIA is both a Province AND a town, it will be necessary to narrow down the exact place of birth for your ancestors to locate records.

Did any of the above ancestors travel to the US?

Can you provide an approximate year of marriage for Luigia and Francesco?

Any other details you can provide will be of help.

EDIT TO ADD:
Found a family tree on Ancestry that indicates the place of birth for Luigia Ricci and Francesco Ferrara was SAN GIULIANO VECCHIO, a frazione [hamlet] of the town of Alessandria, Piemonte

ONLINE records are very limited... but you can rent and view the microfilmed records at your nearest LDS Family History Center. The Alessandria records include those of the village of San Giuliano Vecchio...

Here are some of the films (Nati are births)
Nati (San Giuliano Vecchio) 1866-1925 (San Giuliano Nuovo) 1866-1903 Granite Mountain Record Vault INTL Film 2014165
Nati (San Giuliano Nuovo) 1904-1925 (San Michele) 1866-1925 Granite Mountain Record Vault INTL Film 2014166 Items 1-2

Here is the link to the list of 131 films.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
michael314

Post by michael314 »

Hello! I greatly appreciate your quick reply and help!

Yes, you are correct, San Giuliano Vecchio is where Francesco Ferrara and Luigia Ricci were born and lived and died. I don't have any info about marriage, however their 1st son (Marco Giuseppe Ferrara) was born in 1882. Therefore I assume they were married in that year or sometime before. Perhaps it's worth check the microfilm for marriage records around that time for any info related to Luigia's parents?

I do have all the Ferrara family history records compiled on Familysearch.org, however for Francesco's parents and grandparents the info is either incomplete or missing.

As for Battista Ricci and Teresa Ferretti (Luigia's parents), I don't have anything more than their names. But perhaps checking the LDS microfilm for their death records anytime from 1858 - 1890 or so, would be a good idea. Also, I think the birth records would be older and perhaps not available before 1866.

My problem is that I live in Japan and the family history centers here don't have the LDS Microfilm sharing privileges here. So I will have to visit the US to search those records.

In addition, none of these people ever traveled to the US.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas or suggestions. I was really hoping to run into someone who might have already done some of this research on these families. Again, I can't tell you how much I really appreciate your help!!!
Michael
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Ciao Michael! :-)

You might want to write directly to the Comune of Alessandria for the records you seek.

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Liberta, 1
Alessandria (AL)
ITALY

Write your request in Italian, and be sure to state that they were born in the frazione of SAN GIULIANO VECCHIO...

Help with letters in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

Here is an email address - which you can use as a "follow-up" to your letter.
sindaco@comune.alessandria.it

T.
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi Michael,

A couple named Giovanni and Anna Ferretti lived in Hubbard, Ohio around 1910. Unfortunately, I don't know anything else about them; I only know they were there because they bought property from my family in the period around 1900 - 1914.

Joe
michael314

Post by michael314 »

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info! I think they could be distant relatives so maybe that will be of use in my search! Take care!
Michael
grateful1984

Post by grateful1984 »

My Nonna was Ferretti but when they came over from Italy they added an (E) that's what I was told anyways. My nonna was raised in Mishawaka IN, if anyone has any info or knows anything at all about this my family please let me know. Thank you!