Searching for family in Cassino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
polly

Searching for family in Cassino

Post by polly »

I am searching for my ancestors from Cassino, the name is Benedetto Alberici born 1849, I have found him on the 1871 census in Holborn, Middlesex. He had two brothers Serafino and Pietro. I believe his father was called Pietro Benedetto Antoni Alberici. I would like to know how I go about tracing his father in Cassino, I am presuming he was born around 1835-1830ish and I would like to know the Mothers name and if any family stayed behind.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Searching for family in Cassino

Post by Italysearcher »

The records for Cassino are on microfilm with the LDS. www.familysearch.org.
Go to the clossest centre, rent the film and enjoy!
There are tips and translations on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello Polly,

Can i ask where the information came from regarding Benedetto being born in Cassino? Only reason i ask, is my research is on Cassino, and have never came across this name? I believe it to originate around Emilia Romagna mainly, however Benedetto could have moved north??
Solari is also found in Bardi, Parma, Emilia Romagna!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
polly

Post by polly »

Jamie, thanks for the reply. Everytime I have done a search on Benedetto there was always an (F) like this beside his name and I could'nt work out why. I found an old newpaper article online that gave me the information of Cassino, Frosinone but not too sure how accurate it is. I had presumed that maybe was what the F stood for. Prior to this I had initially thought that they were from Emilia Romagna but came to a standstill, I know he remarried after he was widowed to a Solari but I havent really researched that side I am still looking for Albericis.
pdqsoft

Post by pdqsoft »

Hi Polly

I have made a start on looking up the family tree, and Benedetto appears to be my great-great-grandfather (think that's right). If you have any more info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Jeff
pdqsoft

Post by pdqsoft »

Polly

I probably should also have mentioned that I met Louisa Alberici, Benedetto's daughter, at my grandmother's (Louisa's daughter) house when I was quite young. I don't remember her speaking much English...

Jeff
polly

Post by polly »

Hi jeff, lovely to hear from you, not been researching for a while as I have been too busy. I have a tree on ancestry regarding the alberici s, but would still love to hear more. I am so pleased you met Louisa, she had died before I was born but my mum remembers her.

Regards

Pauline
polly

Post by polly »

Hi jeff, meant to ask who your grandmother was?

Regards

Pauline
gary7495

Post by gary7495 »

I have been researching the Alberici family. Benedetto Alberici was also my great great grandfather. His daughter Louisa was my great grandmother, she was married to Sylvester Doran and lived in Manchester. I have visited their grave at Phillips Park cemetery Manchester where they are buried together with their 19 year old daughter Rosalia. If you need any more information please get in touch, if you have any photos of Benedetto or Louisa i would love to see them.

Gary Page (Manchester England)
pdqsoft

Post by pdqsoft »

Hi all,

Sorry, not been on for a while.

My grandmother was Edna Bowyer (nee Doran). At the time, she lived in Didsbury, Manchester.

Jeff
Cazz

Post by Cazz »

Hi everyone, found this site by chance,can't believe my luck.my grandmother was edna bowyer(nee doran)her mother was Louisa Elberici and I remember her when she was living with my grandmother in Didsbury,my mum used to live in moston and has told me stories about her grandmother(Louisa) I would really love to find out more about the Italian side of the family, regards. Carol
pdqsoft

Post by pdqsoft »

Hi Carol

So is your mum Alice? ;)
Cazz

Post by Cazz »

Hi, yes my mum is alice
pdqsoft

Post by pdqsoft »

Mine was Iris..
edualberice

Post by edualberice »

Hello Polly! I saw your post about Benedetto brothers. My great great grandfather was called Pietro Alberici and by my logic he was born about 1850. I don't have any trace about Pietro's family or brothers. The only thing I know about him is that he came to Brazil on 1887.
Do you know if this Pietro is related to the Pietro you told?
Do you know what was Benedetto hometown? Your comment is the best trace I have until now hehe.
Thanks in advance =)