Armando Palma

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Annaluisa

Armando Palma

Post by Annaluisa »

I desperately want to locate my grandfather (above). He originates from Napoli and will now be in his 80s. I have been told that he was a police officer and re-located to Rome where he married and had two daughters. My father, Gino, last met him 40yrs ago and they then lost touch (my dad was brought up in England by his mother who was from Torre Annunziata)I know that this is not exactly a genealogy request but it is extremely important so if there is anyone out there who can help it would be very much appreciated. Thanks
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Armando Palma

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Annaluisa

Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the Italian white pages? There is a Armando Palma living at: Clivo Di S. Antonino 4 - 00165 Rome (RM) tel: 06 39366662

Here is the link: http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?l=e ... DO&dv=ROME

This may or may not be him but he may be able to help.

I hope you do find him. Good luck.

Angela
Annaluisa

Post by Annaluisa »

Thanks Angela, I have tried ringing 3 Armando Palma's listed in Rome. Two not related and the other no longer a valid number. I am going to Italy next week and would really love to meet him and my extended family, also I need to pass on something to him
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi again

Have you also tried phoning Naples? http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?l=e ... &dv=naples

You may be able to network off at least two of these people. They just may know of someone who knew of an Armando Palma, the Police Officer, who moved to Rome. (There can’t be too many Armando Palma, P.O. s who did that.) They just might have a forwarding address for you or know someone who might have.

Are you certain he is still in Rome? Could he have decided to retire in Naples, back to his roots? (Just thinking out loud here.)

Not everyone of course is going to be listed in the white pages and a second easy option for locating people in a lot of places would be to look at Voter Lists but I’m not so sure that they are so easily accessible in Italy. Someone else might know this. There are no Census results available online and I am not sure how accessible these are.

I'm still very new at this and am still learning about Italy but for what it's worth the other thoughts I had were that you could maybe make enquires at the City Council, Police/Military HQ, Nursing Homes (he might not still be in his own home), see if you can track down his Driving License or any other forms of ID they have there. Maybe also think about some of the things elderly people like doing – clubs, organisations etc that they might belong to and make some enquiries there. I remember the elderly Italian men in my town use to love getting together and play cards. You may have already thought of some of these things and probably more.

I’m not sure whether you have left for Italy yet but I hope you have a lovely time and are able to link with your Nonno and extended family.

Angela