Success in Udine?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
enonewt

Success in Udine?

Post by enonewt »

I have been trying for the past year to locate any distant family related to my great uncle Guiseppe Aita who came to the USA from Buia Udine Italy in 1884 and returned back to Udine in 1869. My great grandfather Angelo Aita came to the USA in 1887. Anyway, I mailed out letters to Aita's in Buia with no luck, it was not until I found an Aita who died in world war 2 that had Guiseppe Aita tied to the name. I then mailed out a few more letters to Aita's in Buia with this information, a few weeks go by and I receive an email from Guiseppe's great grandson who was happy to hear of this information. Even though he seemed excited and sent me an email, I have since followed up with a couple of emails and attachments to let him know I am not legit and have yet to receive a reply. I don't want to pester the guy, not sure what to do.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Success in Udine?

Post by dominique426 »

enonewt wrote:I have been trying for the past year to locate any distant family related to my great uncle Guiseppe Aita who came to the USA from Buia Udine Italy in 1884 and returned back to Udine in 1869. My great grandfather Angelo Aita came to the USA in 1887. Anyway, I mailed out letters to Aita's in Buia with no luck, it was not until I found an Aita who died in world war 2 that had Guiseppe Aita tied to the name. I then mailed out a few more letters to Aita's in Buia with this information, a few weeks go by and I receive an email from Guiseppe's great grandson who was happy to hear of this information. Even though he seemed excited and sent me an email, I have since followed up with a couple of emails and attachments to let him know I am not legit and have yet to receive a reply. I don't want to pester the guy, not sure what to do.
Sorry, but I was a little confused by your wording... do you mean that you discovered a person you assumed was your relative is not?

Some parts of your message a little confusing to me. You said He came to the US in 1884 but returned in 1869. Can you please explain to me? :D
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
enonewt

Post by enonewt »

Sorry for my ramble. My great uncle Guiseppe Aita came to the USA from 1884 to 1869 to work the railroads in Omaha Nebraska, he returned to Udine Italy in 1869. I have actually located the grandson and great grandson of Guiseppe Aita, it was the great grandson who responded to my letter via email.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

enonewt wrote:Sorry for my ramble. My great uncle Guiseppe Aita came to the USA from 1884 to 1869 to work the railroads in Omaha Nebraska, he returned to Udine Italy in 1869. I have actually located the grandson and great grandson of Guiseppe Aita, it was the great grandson who responded to my letter via email.
Do you mean 1869 to 1884?
Even though he seemed excited and sent me an email, I have since followed up with a couple of emails and attachments to let him know I am not legit and have yet to receive a reply. I don't want to pester the guy, not sure what to do.
What do you mean by "I am not legit"? I am sorry but I am just trying to understand to answer your question and understand your circumstances! :D
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

PITTINO MARIA
From the Archivio di Udine website
Nato nel 1865*PITTINO MARIA in BUIA daughter of GIUSEPPE and DE MONTE MARIA
Varianti dei nomi
1883 - PITTINO MARIA (Atto di matrimonio - Nome ufficiale)
Relazioni AITA ANGELO (Coniuge - 1883)

AITA ANGELO Nato nel 1854* in BUIA son of GIOVANNI BATTISTA and COPETTO TERESA
1883 - AITA ANGELO (Atto di matrimonio - Nome ufficiale)
Relazioni PITTINO MARIA (Coniuge - 1883)

AITA GIUSEPPE Nato nel 1858* in BUIA son of GIOVANNI BATTISTA and COPETTI TERESA

PG LINK
http://www.friulinprin.beniculturali.it/ita/WebAsud/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty