Translate please Francesco La Magra Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Translate please Francesco La Magra Marriage

Post by lilbees »

The contrast on the ancestry site for documents makes it difficult for to me to read. Can someone translate this record for me including the town they were married in. this record was found in part 2.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 98e37d.jpg

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translate please Francesco La Magra Marriage

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:The contrast on the ancestry site for documents makes it difficult for to me to read. Can someone translate this record for me including the town they were married in. this record was found in part 2.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 98e37d.jpg

lilbees

Dated Feb 3, 1888 in the town hall of San Giovanni Gemini (located on via Onofrio).
The groom was Francesco LaMagra, age 76, a bricklayer born and resident in S. Giovanni. He was the son of deceased Giovanni LaMagra and deceased Giuseppa Cardella. The record states he was "in danger of life." I have never before seen this wording in a record. It also says that the town official found that he was in the state indicated above. He had been married before to a Rosalia possibly the surname is Reina, but I am not sure. She was now deceased. The bride was Rosalia Piazza, age 57, a peasant/farmer born in Cammarata but a resident in S. Giovanni. She was the daughter of deceased Giuseppe Piazza and deceased Maria (Sciscietta???). They both lived in Cammarata, when they were alive. She had been married to a Michele Tagliareni who died on Feb 6, 1870.

I see that one of the signatures at the bottom of the record is that of an archpriest (like a bishop).

I believe the marriage took place in San Giovanni Gemini.

Erudita
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you so much. I believe this may be my 3rd great grandfather. Prior to being married to Rosalia La Rocca I believe him to have been married to my 3rd great grandmother Giuseppa Sorce Pricopio (some question as to the spelling of her surname who died around 1840. I have come across the spelling of Sorce Priscopo). I now have the films to review and hopefully will be able to solve many questions this next week.

Again, Erudita, thank you,

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Thank you so much. I believe this may be my 3rd great grandfather. Prior to being married to Rosalia La Rocca I believe him to have been married to my 3rd great grandmother Giuseppa Sorce Pricopio (some question as to the spelling of her surname who died around 1840. I have come across the spelling of Sorce Priscopo). I now have the films to review and hopefully will be able to solve many questions this next week.

Again, Erudita, thank you,

lilbees

You're very welcome, but Rosalia's surname in this record is Piazza and not La Rocca.
Erudita
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Okay..thank you.

lilbees
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

erudita74 wrote: Dated Feb 3, 1888 in the town hall of San Giovanni Gemini (located on via Onofrio).
The groom was Francesco LaMagra, age 76, a bricklayer born and resident in S. Giovanni. He was the son of deceased Giovanni LaMagra and deceased Giuseppa Cardella. The record states he was "in danger of life." I have never before seen this wording in a record. It also says that the town official found that he was in the state indicated above. He had been married before to a Rosalia possibly the surname is Reina, but I am not sure. She was now deceased. The bride was Rosalia Piazza, age 57, a peasant/farmer born in Cammarata but a resident in S. Giovanni. She was the daughter of deceased Giuseppe Piazza and deceased Maria (Sciscietta???). They both lived in Cammarata, when they were alive. She had been married to a Michele Tagliareni who died on Feb 6, 1870.

I see that one of the signatures at the bottom of the record is that of an archpriest (like a bishop).

I believe the marriage took place in San Giovanni Gemini.

Erudita
Bride's deceased mother's surname is SCIURIDDA :-)

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks T.

lilbees