Next Step Suggestions

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Next Step Suggestions

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

I am doing research on both sides of my family. I was able to view the microfilm of my great-grandfather's birth record from Calabria circa late 1880s. The interesting thing is that it does not mention parents' names. Basically, all it does is show that for that particular "commune" "town" in Calabria -he was registered as being born for the "stato civile". Any suggestions on how I may verify names of his parents and actual address of residence. The image did reference an address, but it was of very "poor" visual quality that I just could not begin to figure out what address was recorded. These were peasant farmers in Pentone, Catanzaro. He may not have even been born in the village itself, but on the outskirts. Nevertheless, he was registered as being born in Pentone. Thanks for any suggestions.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Next Step Suggestions

Post by adelfio »

Can you post the birth act so we can see it and read it
you just leave the page link from the online records of Pentone now at familysearch.org or a name and date and the index number of the record
Does its says padre or madre ignoto?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Marty-
This is info. on the microfilm from Family History Library
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... m%2F751501
Library Int’l film Registri dello stato civile di Pentone (Catanzaro), 1810-1910
author: Pentone (Catanzaro). Ufficio dello stato civile
Film# 1795820 item 5 is specific to town/village of Pentone
Num: Sei
Birth Year: 1886
Name: Antonio Fava

Joy
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Father is Onofrio Fava and mother is Caterina Pugliese house was on strada Valotta

PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :167675240

MARKED RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Onofrio Fava and Caterina Pugliese parents of Antonio Fava

INDEX#4
1885 Mar 18th in the town of Pentone marriage of Onofrio Fava age 27(1858)farmer born and residing in Pentone son of deceased Antonio Fava and Maria Tarantino married Caterina Pugliese age 20(1865) born and residing in Pentone daughter of Antonio Pugliese and Giuseppa Citriniti

PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1604973960

CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty

Marty
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Oh my gosh ! Marty, I want to thank you so much for locating the "correct" birth record for my great grandfather-Antonio Fava. I was viewing the wrong record on microfilm from Family History Library all along. Not only did you help to provide a "clearer" visual of the image, but you also solved the mystery of his parents' names by locating the correct record.

You are a genealogy research pro. Thank you again for all your efforts and assistance, Joy.