Rosa Catalano on death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Rosa Catalano on death record

Post by lilbees »

I cannot make out the surname of the mother of Rosa Catalano on this death record. Can someone help out?

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1892136791

Thank you,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Rosa Catalano on death record

Post by Tessa78 »

Looks like Rosa Carmisano to me :-D

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks T, that is what I came up with but not really positive. Am searching through the Baucina records to see if I can come up with anything.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lilbees wrote:Thanks T, that is what I came up with but not really positive. Am searching through the Baucina records to see if I can come up with anything.

lilbees
That surname is found in Palermo Province, but not particular to Baucina... so you may not find it in the Baucina records. Today it is found in Gangi, Palermo, Santa Flavia, and Geraci Siculo.

Do you have the birth record of Rosa Catalano? Or her marriage record?

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

I only have her death record from Baucina. She died in 1849, born abt 1811 according to the record in Lercara. She was married to Giuseppe Pecoraro. Will have to look at the films to see if I can find her marriage record. I do have Maria Pecoraro's promise to marry from the Lercara allegati 1864, born 1843 in Baucina.

lilbees
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lilbees wrote:I only have her death record from Baucina. She died in 1849, born abt 1811 according to the record in Lercara. She was married to Giuseppe Pecoraro. Will have to look at the films to see if I can find her marriage record. I do have Maria Pecoraro's promise to marry from the Lercara allegati 1864, born 1843 in Baucina.

lilbees
At least that gives you a smaller range of years (prior to 1843) to begin the search for the marriage of Rosa Catalano and Giuseppe Pecoraro :-D

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

There was also a son, Salvatore born abt 1841.

Will have to do a general search when I finish with the 274 records from Baucina. Then start on another town.

thanks again for you help

lilbees