San Fele, Potenza

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
danielle1118
Rookie
Rookie

San Fele, Potenza

Post by danielle1118 »

I have mailed 2 requests for birth records, but haven't received a response. I also tried emailing the commune, but it comes back undeliverable. so frustrated... does anyone have any other suggestions? Can someone tell me if they had success receiving documents from San Fele? :(

Thank You
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: San Fele, Potenza

Post by Tessa78 »

danielle1118 wrote:I have mailed 2 requests for birth records, but haven't received a response. I also tried emailing the commune, but it comes back undeliverable. so frustrated... does anyone have any other suggestions? Can someone tell me if they had success receiving documents from San Fele? :(

Thank You
How long ago did you mail your requests? Some comunes will take 6 months or more to respond, and others not at all :-)

Here is the address format again... Maybe the third time will be the "charm" :D

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Mazzini, 7
85020 San Fele (PZ)
ITALY

Be sure to make your request in Italian...
Help with letters
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html

Good luck!

T.
michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michele68 »

Archivio di Stato di Potenza as-pz@beniculturali.it
GENEALOGY SERVICES in Campania, Basilicata, Calabria regions, Italy
CiaoGina
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CiaoGina »

I also emailed the email given on that Commune di San Fele sight and it came back twice. Someone on another site told me "I just checked and the reason why your email bounced back could be because San Fele Municipality, as some other town, use a type of email address named PEC (Certified Email Post) . It's a type of email system used by Italian public administrations and it doesn't work as the standard international emails."
We told about this to the Basilicata Region to explain them that in this way, these Municipalities are not reachable from abroad! But nothing changed...
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Did you try to fax Commune di San Fele
FAX NUMBER 0976 94411

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:Did you try to fax Commune di San Fele
FAX NUMBER 0976 94411

Marty
Who and what date are you trying to get records for from San Fele
There are some records online

PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D1483052

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I went through 1868-1873 indexes of San Fele Potenza online atfamilysearch.org no Giuseppa De Cillis. I think possible she was born in another town in Potenza possible Pescopagano or Lavello

Marty

Marty
danielle1118
Rookie
Rookie

Post by danielle1118 »

Thank you for looking. Her "siblings" birth records were located, I think the problem with locating the birth record is that they were foundlings. When they travelled to U.S. they assumed the surname of Ricigliano. After the marriage of Angelina Ricigliano and Giuseppe DeCillis, in the U.S. they then took the DeCillis surname.