Searching for info on Venuto family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CarolineMLashin

Searching for info on Venuto family

Post by CarolineMLashin »

I am researching my great grand parents and his parents.
My grandfather's name is Pietro Venuto and my records show he was born on May 26, 1864 in Calvello, Potenza, Lucania, Italy. Can a birth record be found to verify this?

Also, I have no information if he had siblings. His parents were Francesce Venuto & Marie Spacucrello. Any information about them would be fabulous.

I have records of Pietro immigrating to the US, but have not found information about if his parent immigrated to the US with him or at a later time.

Is any of this information you can assist me in finding?

PS - I do not read Italian so this has become more difficult for me to find.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Searching for info on Venuto family

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website Are you sure about he was born in Cavello, the records online only go back to 1866 of Cavello his wife Carolina Livieri was born there. Didn't see no siblings in the birth indexes of Cavello 1866-1870 with those parents names of Francesco Venuto and Marie Spacucrello

BIRTH RECORD OF Carolina Livieri
INDEX#30
1875 Feb 18th in the town of Cavello birth of Carolina Livieri daughter of Francesco Livieri age 46 and his wife Margherita Mascelli

CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
CarolineMLashin

Post by CarolineMLashin »

Thanks for responding so quickly. You have confirmed some information I had about Carolina Livieri. Were you able to find any information/dates - places for her parents? I have no dates on their birth - only that it was abt. 1835 in Calvello. And, I'm not sure if that info is correct. Is it possible that Pietro Venuto was not born in Calvello? He lived there but maybe was born in another area. I suppose even the date could be incorrect - as you well know not all the information on the internet is correct:) Any further assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again!!!!!
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

CarolineMLashin wrote:His parents were Francesce Venuto & Marie Spacucrello.
The possible italian correct lastname was Pascucciello or Pascuciello...

Laura
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I did a little more searching a it looks like before Carolina was born in 1875 but there were a couple of Carolina Livieri babys that died before her so to keep the naming pattern they kept on naming the baby girl Carolina but I did get some more info off those birth records

INDEX#130
1870 July 1st in the town of Cavello birth of Carolina Livieri daughter of Francesco Livieri occupation water carrier son of Gennaro Livieri and Margherita Mascelli age 30 (1840)daughter of Egidio Mascelli

CLICK FOR IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Carolina Livieri father Francesco was 46 at her birth which means he was born about 1829
I think what we should do is email wait 30 days if no responce send a letter write to Calvello to see if Pietro was born was born there. I think Laura was right about the nothers name Spacucrello being Pascuciello
There are films of civil record of Cavello at Family History Library that you can rent and view also but lets try this first make sure he was born ther

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Calvello
Piazza Falcone 1
85010 Calvello PZ
Italy
Email: http://www.comune.calvello.pz.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Pietro Venuto

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Calvello. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Petro Venuto
Nome e cognome del padre: Francesco Venuto
Nome e cognome della madre: Maria Pascuciello
Luogo di matrimonio: Calvello
Data di nascita: 1861-1865
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty