Enrico Beacquista Broccostella

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
ichrism

Enrico Beacquista Broccostella

Post by ichrism »

My mother's father was Domenico Benacquista married to Magnifica Cipallone. They had a son named Enrico as well as seven daughters. Daughters names were Juistina, Antonia, Filomena, Maria Laura, Colomba, Santina and Rosa. Need information about Enrico and his family. Location was Broccostella, Provincia Frosinone, Lazio.

Also need information on my father's family. His name was Francesco Cristini from Sora-I think his father's name was Vincenzo married to Loretta Lucarelli. Brother named Donato and Sister named Rosa.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Enrico Beacquista Broccostella

Post by Italysearcher »

The surnames are Benacquista and Cipolloni.
Broccostella has a parish census of 1895 and Sora has a Register of the Population from 1865 to 1905.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ichrism wrote:My mother's father was Domenico Benacquista married to Magnifica Cipallone. They had a son named Enrico as well as seven daughters. Daughters names were Juistina, Antonia, Filomena, Maria Laura, Colomba, Santina and Rosa. Need information about Enrico and his family. Location was Broccostella, Provincia Frosinone, Lazio.

Also need information on my father's family. His name was Francesco Cristini from Sora-I think his father's name was Vincenzo married to Loretta Lucarelli. Brother named Donato and Sister named Rosa.
There are currently 7 listings in the Italian Phone book for BENACQUISTA in Broccostella :-)

You may wish to write to one or more of these "potential" relatives to make your inquiry...

http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... a+%28FR%29

Help with letters in Italian.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html

T.
rosi123

Post by rosi123 »

My grandmother's name was Ascenza Cristini from Sora, Italy. I have been searching for her relatives. Does this name appear in your geneology research? Her married name was Capobianco (married Bartolo Capobianco, also from Sora). She was born around 1882.
ichrism

Post by ichrism »

I have not been successful so far in tracing my father's family (Cristini). Did your grandmother live in Schenectady, New York? There was a Capobianco family who I remember very well. They lived a few blocks from my family and had a small bakery behind their home. My mother would send me there to buy yeast because she baked her own bread. I do vaguely recall my father mentioning something to the effect that Mrs. Capobianco was somehow related to his family, I'm not sure that this Capobianco family is the one related to you because I think (but am not sure) that the woman's name was Anunziata, which I think in English translates to Nancy. I found an obituary for a Sabatino Capobianco who was the son of Bartolo and Ascenza Capobianco. I would need a little more information from you to help establish if there was a familial relationship between your grandmother's family and my father's family. Perhaps together we may be able to make a connection.
rosi123

Post by rosi123 »

This is a late reply because I just figured out how to re-access this website! I received an email that I had a response but it also said I couldn't access private messages. I just tried again and was able to get in. My grandparents did live in Schenectady. Sabatino, who just died, was my uncle -- my father's youngest brother. Bartolo was my grandfather, who married Ascenza (Cristini). Both were born in Sora, Italy. The only Annunziata I knew was my other grandmother (my mother's mother Annunziata Donati (married Enrico Giuliani). They both died before I was born. They were born in Trevi, Umbria. My grandmother Cristini also had twin sisters -- Palma was one. I don't recall the other name. Palm also married a Capobianco (Domenico).
mlpolsinelli

Post by mlpolsinelli »

I read with interest the posts re: Broccostella, as my father was born there in 1940 (moved to U.S. in 1958). In my family tree I have a line of Capobiancos beginning with Vincenza Capobianco born Feb. 22 1845 in Sora, daughter of Luigi Capobianco and Maria Rosa Grossi. She married Filipo Domenico Gismondi in Sora. If you get further down your Capobianco line, maybe some of these names may be a match.
Capobiac

Post by Capobiac »

Hello all...joining this thread very late as I've just embarked on a journey to explore my lineage.

I can shed some light on the Capobianco's from Schenectady, NY.

My great grandfather was Domenico Capobianco, born 11/21/1881 presumably in Sora. His wife (my great grandmother) was Palma Cristini, born 4/30/1885 (presumably in Sora as well).

Domenico immigrated to the USA at some point in time (I'm trying to find out the date), but eventually settled in Schenectady, NY (where my parents and myself were born). They DID have a bakery (I know this because my grandfather used to ride in the truck and deliver bread with his bother).

My grandfather's name was Luigi Marcello (later changed his middle name to George) Capobianco. There are other Capobianco's in Schenectady, NY...I was told that Sabatino was my Grandpa Lou's cousin. I actually played little league with Sab's grandson, Sam (and his brother Nick). These Capobianco's changed their name to White (presumably because our last name means "White Head") upon immigrating to the USA. This side of the Capobianco family then changed their name back to Capobianco approximately 20 years ago...as far as I know a few of them still reside in Schenectady.

If anyone has information they can share on either Domenico Capobianco or Palma Cristini (ie. date left Italy, place of birth in Sora or surrounding areas, etc.), please share!

I would love to continue tracing roots back to Italy and hope to eventually apply for citizenship or apply for an Italian passport (not sure what the protocol would be).

thanks very much!
Chris
mikecapo

Post by mikecapo »

Hello, I am also seeking my lineage of a Capobianco surname. We have many relatives in New Jersey and were told our family is from Roseto Valtortore Filippe Antonio Capobianco who married Rosa Capobianca Grandpa died at the age of 95 (36 years ago) when he lived in Elizabeth NJ. Our relatives are in CA, PA & NY.
We have a trip planned to visit Italy and it would be nice to meet the family.