Surname SPOTO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Surname SPOTO

Post by ray1955 »

Understand most our family is or was in Mussomeli
My grandfather's information is:NAME: 
Antonino Vincenzo Spoto
BIRTH:25 Jan 1888 - Italy
CIVIL:25 Apr 1919
ARRIVAL: 1902 SS Patria
RESIDENCE: Illinois He was 14 yrs old and listed as a Barber

My Aunt Sarah was married to (Sarah Spoto 1901 – 1996)
De Grazia, Rocco 
29 Nov 1899 - Italy

I believe Rocco came over with Sarah in 1919 and they were married in Italy and Rocco was 30 years old.

I am trying to find out who my grandfathers parents were
Capire la maggior parte la nostra famiglia è o era in Mussomeli informazioni di mio nonno sono: Nome: Antonino Vincenzo Spoto nascita: 25 gennaio 1888 - Italia civile: 25 Apr 1919 arrivo: 1902 SS Patria RESIDENCE: Illinois era 14 yrs old e quotate come aveva sposato un barbiere mia zia Sarah (Sarah spotivo 1901 – 1996) De Grazia, Rocco 29 novembre 1899 - Italia credo che Rocco si avvicinò con Sarah nel 1919 e si sono sposati in Italia e Rocco aveva 30 anni. Sto cercando di scoprire chi erano i miei nonni, genitori
appreciate your help.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Surname SPOTO

Post by pink67 »

Hi,

from the WW1 Draft Registration Card for Antonino you can see that he stated that he was born in Vallelunga Pratamenta, Caltanissetta Province, Sicily:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K68L-WQ7

This is his birth act:

from Ancestry.it:

Birth act number 26 - Year 1888

Spoto Antonino was born in Vallelunga Pratamena on 24 january 1888, son of Giuseppe Spoto age 34 and of his wife Rosalia Alacchi

http://postimg.org/image/umbpwvosx/

1902 arrival manifest from Ellisisland.org:

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023

Laura
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Piggy-backing on the great finds from Laura :D ...

Here is the marriage record for Antonino's parents, Giuseppe Spoto and Rosalia Alacchi...

Record #31
Dated 24 July 1887 at 7:30 PM at the town office in Vallelunga
Before the official appeared:
Giuseppe Spoto, single, age 33, sieve-maker, born and residing in Vallelunga, son of Antonino [Spoto] and Maria Nicoletta Mulè
AND
Rosalia Alacchi, single, age 18, spinner, born and residing in Vallelunga, daughter of Rosalino [Alacchi] and of deceased Rosaria Federico, both of Vallelunga.

Right side of image - click once to enlarge and again to magnify

T.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Ciao Tessa :D

Laura
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Oh my God are you serious????? so this image you sent Record 31 is like a marriage certificate? How can I show that these are his parents is there like a birth certificate Laura?.....I did get the manifest from the ship showing my grand father leaving Naples to Chicago Illinois in 1902. I can't believe you did or got this for me how very cool.
I was thinking I had to go to the city of Mussomeli and possibly the local church to see if I can get any records. Wow. !!!

Oh mio Dio sei serio??? così questa immagine che hai inviato 31 Record è come un certificato di matrimonio? Come posso dimostrare che questi sono i suoi genitori c'è come un certificato di nascita Laura?...Ho ricevuto il manifesto della nave mostrando il mio grande padre lasciando Napoli a Chicago Illinois nel 1902. Non posso credere che hai fatto o ricevuto questo per me come molto cool. Stavo pensando che dovevo andare per la città di Mussomeli e, eventualmente, la Chiesa locale per vedere se riesco a ottenere alcun record. Wow. !!!
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Quello è grande circa i genitori ora c'è un modo per vedere quanti bambini hanno dovuto includere mio grande padre e quali erano i loro nomi. Vorrei portare questo ulteriormente per determinare se ci sono eventuali bambini grand vivente in Italia. Non so come si fare quello che fai, ma esso è freakin impressionante e che vostra disposti a mettere il tempo sulla tua fine è semplicemente meraviglioso sono così emozionata. Credo che detto in precedenza che capii che c'erano alcuni fratelli che rimase in Italia.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The records of Vallelunga and Mussomeli are available online at familysearch.org
Italy, Caltanissetta, Cal...on (Tribunale), 1866-1910
Vallelunga Pratameno
Matrimoni 1866-1910
Image 636 of 1362
Use the magnifier to enlarge the record
PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1633608031

Marty

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

How can I be certain the birth certificate with the parents is my Grandfather's parents? Would appreciate your thoughts on this.
You can see the name of my grandfather and the date he was born.
My grandfather had I believe two older siblings that came to the states.

my dilemma at this time is if Great Grandparents were married in 1887 and my grandfather was born in 1888 and yet he had two siblings that were older than him the dates etc....dont match. Is there a way to find out what the siblings were of Giuseppe Spoto, single, age 33 and Rosalia Alacchi
________
Come posso essere certo che il certificato di nascita con i genitori è genitori di mio nonno? Gradirei vostri pensieri su questo. Si può vedere il nome di mio nonno e la data che era nato. Mio nonno aveva credo due fratelli più grandi che è venuto agli Stati. il mio dilemma in questo momento è se bisnonni erano sposati nel 1887 e mio nonno è nato nel 1888 e ancora egli aveva due fratelli che erano più vecchi di lui date etc...dont partita. C'è un modo per scoprire quali erano i fratelli di Giuseppe Spoto, singolo, età 33 e Rosalia Alacchi
grassi
Raymond Spoto
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Marty, I tried to get to the information you mentioned in Family Tree account but couldnt get there.
In addition the link did not work at all.

Raymond
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Why don't we work are way back to verify your info I pretty sure Laura has the right birth record and he came from Vallelunga
I tried the link it does work
Who was Antonio Vincenzo wifes name?
Did he live in Chicago on Warren Ave and was a barber?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Just so you can take a look at the birth record that Laura :-D posted...

Record #21 (at the bottom left of the image)
Dated 26 January 1888 (birth was on the 24th - see below) at the town office in Vallelunga
Appearing before the official was
Giuseppe Spoto, age 34, sieve-maker, born and residing in Vallelunga
to declare that at 11:15 AM on the 24th of the current month, at the place at Via Bellini, was born a male child to Rosalia Alacchi, age 23, spinner, his wife living with him, and to this child was given the name ANTONINO

Click once to enlarge and again to magnify...

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

LAURA IS PRETTY GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES ON HERE
1910 Census he lived on Warren ave in Chicago Il
MATCH TO THE DRAFT REGISTION CARD LISTED ADDRESS
LOOKS LIKE HE MARRIED IN St. Joseph, Berrien, Michigan RIGHT ACROSS THE STATE LINE BECAUSE SHE WAS 18

Anthony V. Spots, "Michigan, Marriages, 1822-1995"

Name: Anthony V. Spots SPOTO
Birth Date: 1888
Birthplace: Italy
Spouse's Name: Marjorie Martin
Spouse's Birth Date: 1894
Spouse's Birthplace: Ill.
Spouse's Age: 18
Event Date: 25 Jun 1912
Event Place: St. Joseph, Berrien, Michigan
Father's Name: Joseph GIUSEPPE
Mother's Name: Alawchi ALACCHI
Spouse's Father's Name: Jesse C.
Spouse's Mother's Name: Engle
Race: White
Marital Status: Single
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race: White
Spouse's Marital Status: Single
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M73620-8
System Origin: Michigan-EASy
GS Film number: 945414
Reference ID: p272 cn564
I think this verifies the birth record
WHAT WERE THE BROTHERS NAMES?

Marty

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Great find, Marty!

Your marriage record matches the information on the birth record Laura :-D found, and the marriage record that I posted!

T.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

marty,

I am assuming your in Chicago. Yes we have the information on Ancestry my sister has been working this for over 15 years. We have all the information on the USA side but she had asked me to work the Italian side.

I received some information from Italian Geneology folks you can read above I am just trying to validate based on marriage license and birth certificate from Italy that this is my grandfathers parents. It would help if I was able to get the Children of Giupseppi and Rosario Alluchi. AS you may have been able to read, the date of 1887 marriage and Antonio being born 1888 if he had two older siblings what is going on with the dates. I believed there were two siblings prior to Antonio it would help to have a listing of those children of my grandfather. We have the names of those siblings that came over to the states we would like to marry that up with a list from Italy.

Not sure can you help with that?

Just got off the phone with my sister and she tells me the information you gave was right on the money.
It does look like this is our Great Grand parents. She has something in ancestry.com that shows Joeseph Giusepi (not sure the spelling)

Thanks,
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Teresa once again thanks so much for your interest and work. It made a huge difference its just hard to read
since it was Italian someone did interpret it and that helped a lot.

THIS IS A WONDERFUL sight for sure. Actually I have no words on how much you have helped me.