Town of Ceccano

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
patty richardson

Town of Ceccano

Post by patty richardson »

Hi,I have traced my family tree to Ceccano, Italy. My great grand mother was Marianna Egidi born in October 5, 1871 and my great grandfather was Lorenzo Bruni born Febraury 26, 1867. Could you please tell me anything about them or give me a link so I can search more. I also know they had 4 children, 3 born in Ceccano, Italy -- Antonio August Bruni born March 16, 1892, Antonette Bruni born September 8, 1895, Vincent A. Bruni born may 29, 1900, and Maria Bruni I think was born in Pennsylvania.
I would also like to know how I can find out information on marriages in the same town of Ceccano. I have found that Antonio August Bruni was married to a Theresa that was born June 6, 1898 in Ceccano, Italy.
Any information on any of this would greatly be appreciated. Thank You
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Town of Ceccano

Post by erudita74 »

There are only three rolls of microfilmed records for the town and these are not online at this time.

Registri dello stato civile di Ceccano (Frosinone), 1886-1897
Authors Ceccano (Frosinone). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)

Note Location
Film

Nati 1897 FHL INTL 1884997 Item 3

Pubblicazioni 1886, 1889 FHL INTL Film 1898879 Item 2

Indice ai morti 1871-1880 FHL INTL Film 1899523 Item 6

These microfilm would need to be rented and used at a local family history center

https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

ordering microfilms

Erudita
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... Microfiche
patty richardson

Post by patty richardson »

thank you
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

patty richardson wrote:thank you
You're very welcome
Erudita
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The town has records from 1871 for births marriages and deaths. Marriages are complicated by the fact that many civil marriages took place years after the religious marriage. The children born to a couple during this time were usually registered with the father's name only. Parish records go back much further, to about 1540. There are three parishes.
The town will only send copies if you have dates or a short time frame. The priests will not usually do research. They will provide records if you have dates. Many indexes are by first name (not surname)so are difficult to search. The Bruni name is found in all three of the parishes in 1856.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The town has records from 1871 for births marriages and deaths. Marriages are complicated by the fact that many civil marriages took place years after the religious marriage. The children born to a couple during this time were usually registered with the father's name only. Parish records go back much further, to about 1540. There are three parishes.
The town will only send copies if you have dates or a short time frame. The priests will not usually do research. They will provide records if you have dates. Many indexes are by first name (not surname)so are difficult to search. The Bruni name is found in all three of the parishes in 1856.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You can send a form letter by e-mail to UFFICIO ANAGRAFE@comune.fr.it requesting what documents you wish providing them with the form generated letter from English to Italian which spells out the information they need to send you documents free of charge. You can go to www.circolocalabrese.org and click on Genealogy and then FOR LETTER GENERATOR. Peter
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe the email address provided by Peter is incorrect and should read ufficioanagrafe@comune.ceccano.fr.it