Court Order for One and the Same Person

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Court Order for One and the Same Person

Post by jcat »

My pleasure Mike, I will look forward to the day that you are able to post you have just acquired your Italian citizenship! soon, I hope....

Jim
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
gldmjd

Post by gldmjd »

Thanks Jim, I will keep you posted.
gldmjd

Post by gldmjd »

Today I had my hearing for the declaratory judgment and the judge approved it. What a relief. Now after we receive it I will send it to the consulate in Philly and then they will forward all the documents to the comune! Thank you everyone for your well wishes and information. It was a long road but perseverance paid off. This was the first of its kind in Dauphin County, Harrisburg,PA. Pretty neat setting a precedent!
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Great News Mike! congrats to you!! With all of the hoops you were made to jump through it was well deserved...
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
Kmgoddard

Post by Kmgoddard »

Hello, I am having the same obstacle. My deceased grandfather changed his name (not legally). His birth certificate name is different from his marriage and death certificate. It is not possible to amend vital records in NYC. I saw the Consulate in Philadelphia in May. Did you have success with the “same as one person” court order? My dad, his son, lives in Virginia. Can we do this in Virginia or does it need to be done in NYC? Any help is greatly appreciated!
guidoboston

Post by guidoboston »

Hi,
How do you go about getting a "one and the same person" court order? My GF changed his name (informally) from what is on his Birth Certificate - everything else has his americanized name. This is for Baltimore.