Translation of Marriage Act Maria C. Domina

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ladominocrna
Elite
Elite

Translation of Marriage Act Maria C. Domina

Post by ladominocrna »

Can someone translate the Marriage Act for Maria Celestina Domina #21. Thanks

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1535464038
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation of Marriage Act Maria C. Domina

Post by erudita74 »

ladominocrna wrote:Can someone translate the Marriage Act for Maria Celestina Domina #21. Thanks

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1535464038

Dated June 13, 1867 in Petralia Sottana
Groom: Emmanuele Bellomo-a free man (not married), age 27, a staggonaio-fabricator of ceramics or terracotta objects-he was born in Polizzi but living in Carcarelle from about the age 15. He was the son of Maestro (Master) Gandolfo Bellomo, same occupation, and Margherita Picciuca, a spinner, who had been born in Carcarelle.

Bride: Maria Celestina Domina, single, age 24, born and resident in Carcarelle. The daughter of Franco Domina, peasant/farmer, and Giuseppa Cuccia, housewife, who were also born and resident in Carcarelle.

Banns were on the 2nd and 9th of the current month and resulted in there being no impediments to the marriage.

Then there is the exchange of marriage vows, and the uniting of the couple in matrimony. Witnesses were Signor Gaspare Antonio Bellina, son of Signor Giovanni Bellina, age 47, property owner and Maestro Illuminato Cerami, the son of deceased Calogero Cerami, shoemaker. Both were born and resident in this town.

The witnesses and town official signed the document below.

Erudita
ladominocrna
Elite
Elite

Post by ladominocrna »

Erudita, its always wonderful to read your translations. Thanks You.

Leroy
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bvbellomo »

Wow, this was my family! This Emmanuele Bellomo's grandfather was my 5th great grandfather. Please e-mail me if you want more information, or if you have information for me.