Writing to the Comune

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Writing to the Comune

Post by ray1955 »

I have approx 4 people who neither I have the marriage or death certificates of because they are prior to when the stuff was placed online. So I have to write.
1st. My question is do you have to send request for each individual Birth, Marriage, Death or request these individually for each person?

2nd: how to show you are a relative asking. Making it a legit request.

thanks,

Ray
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Writing to the Comune

Post by adelfio »

ray1955 wrote:I have approx 4 people who neither I have the marriage or death certificates of because they are prior to when the stuff was placed online. So I have to write.
1st. My question is do you have to send request for each individual Birth, Marriage, Death or request these individually for each person?

2nd: how to show you are a relative asking. Making it a legit request.

thanks,

Ray
You have a couple of dilemas her first civil records of Vallelunga only go from 1821-1910 before 1821 records were kept by the church so that's a whole new ball game getting those records. There are church records at family history library listed as Registri ecclesiastici di Vallelunga Pratameno (Caltanissetta), 1653-1911

Records of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, and deaths, and documents attached to marriage records from the Roman Catholic parish Santa Maria di Loreto in Vallelunga Pratameno (Caltanissetta).

I don't know if your family used Santa Maria di Loreto church but it would be worth a try to see if that was the church

Films are for rent that are viewed and copied at the Family History Center near you they can be order online for $7.00 for 60 days

I would check for all available birth death and marriage records here first before I start writing for records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Went on line for my area to see if there was one near me but they are for this area not for Europe or am I missing something?
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Marty that was great I called the number of the website and had a researcher take my information and having it checked into plus giving me the info about the local center.
apparently all the info about the place near me is not completed on line so they have to get it for me so that I an actually go to the center and rent like you were telling me.
All of which is excellent information.
Thanks so much we will see what kind of information I will get. Excited.