Looking for Felix (Felice) Carbone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for Felix (Felice) Carbone

Post by SCarbonII »

I have been working on my family tree, and am now stuck on finding my family over seas. The oldest people I know in my family are my great grand parents. They are Felix (Felice) Carbone, and Flora (Fiorentina Regna (my grand father's parents) and Mary Adovasi, and Michael Adovasio. I also know most of the names of their parents.Fora's parents are Frank & Caroline Regna. Mary Adovasio's parents are Carmine, and Rose Adovasio. They are from Pietrabbnndaante, Campobasso. Michael Adovasio's parents are James & Catherine (Petrella) Adovasio, from somewhere in Campobasso. I do not know Felix's parents at all. Here is what I do know about his family.: I do not know for sure, but I am told he named his first born kids after his parents. If this information is true, his parent's names would be: Francesco (Frank) and Virginia Carbone. He was born 12/23/1882, in or around Riardo Italy. Fiorentina was born 5/20/1887. Felice's father had a brother named Amiello Carbone, born in about 1849. I know Amiello had a son named Luigi Carbone born in about 1877. I also know Felice, and Luigi had another family member named Annibale. I know Annibale Carbone is Luigi's cousin, but he could be a sibling of Felice, or his cousin also. I do not know the names of Annibale's parents at all so I do not know where to put him in the tree. I know Ammiello came to the United States in 1893. Felice, Luigi, and Annible came over in 1898, and Florentina came to the United States in 1899. Does any one have more family members for me to list in my tree, or do you know where I could go to find more people to add to my family tree? I hope you can help me.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Felix (Felice) Carbone

Post by adelfio »

Hi welcome to IG website
There is a family tree on ancestry.com Owner:Walter Caiazza might want to hook up has some info about the Francesco Regna and Carolina De Santis

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, abt Felice Carbone I replied on this other related topic
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ne#p199576
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Regna Fiorentina with mother Carolina De Santis Carolina; arrival:

First Name: Carolina
Last Name: De Santes
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Riardo
Date of Arrival: Aug 31, 1899
Age at Arrival: 53y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Sempione
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0006

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006
Carolina joining at husband Francesco Regna in New Castle..

Fiorentina Regna was born in Riardo on 20 Mar 1887 #15 (quindici) daughter of Francesco Regna 36 old farm hand and Carolina De Santis 40 old farm hand
birth act: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n616217626
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Michael Adovasio's parents are James & Catherine (Petrella) Adovasio, from somewhere in Campobasso.
if YOUR Michele Adovasio is this Michael Adovasio:
NAME: Michael Adovasio
BIRTH: 25 Apr 1882 - Campobasso, Italy
DEATH: 31 Dec 1951 - Youngstown, Mahoning County (Mahoning), Ohio, USA
SPOUSE: Mary Rachael Adovasio

well Michele Adovasio was born in Montelongo (Campobasso province ) on 27 April 1882 #22 son of Vincenzo(=James) Adovasio and Caterina Petrella;

Michele Adovasio marriage note: married in Montelongo on 9 Dic 1905 at Maria Michela Adovasio ( same surname/maiden name)
Michele Adovasio birth act:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Prego Suanj con un abbraccio a te!

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Grazie Marty!
:D suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Yes suanj that is my great, great grand father.Do you have any information about who his parents, grand parents and so on? Do you have information like that on his wife, or do you know where I could find that information on them?

Thank you very much for the information.

Sam
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Michela Adovasio
INDEX#12
1883 March 27th in the town of Montelongo birth of Michela Maria Adovasio daughter of Carmine Adovasio age 34 mason and Rosa Vitantonio
Marriage note: married Michele Adovasio in Montelongo on 9 Dec 1905

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD

MArty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Vincenzo Adovasio and Caterina Petrella
INDEX#10
1873 April 26th in the of Montelongo appeared Vincenzo Adovasio age 23 mason born in Montelongo son of deceased Angelomaria Adovasio and Maria Michele Marchesa married Caterina Petrella age 20 farmer born in Montelongo daughter of Domenico Petrella and Maria Nicola di Michele

PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD

Marty

Marty
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

I know Mary Rachael Adovasio was his wife born:29 Feb 1884 in Pietrabbondante Campobasso Italy, and died 03 May 1972 in ? (I was told she died in Youngstown OH, but I know they were in New Castle PA, so I do not know where she died. Does any one know anything about her parents,grand parents, and so on? I'm looking for names,birth and death days, and locations of them. Does anyone know who their kids were and who they married?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

SCarbonII wrote:I know Mary Rachael Adovasio was his wife born:29 Feb 1884 in Pietrabbondante Campobasso Italy, and died 03 May 1972 in ? (I was told she died in Youngstown OH, but I know they were in New Castle PA, so I do not know where she died. Does any one know anything about her parents,grand parents, and so on? I'm looking for names,birth and death days, and locations of them. Does anyone know who their kids were and who they married?
What about the above birth record it says
Birth of Michela Adovasio
INDEX#12
1883 March 27th in the town of Montelongo birth of Maria Michela Adovasio daughter of Carmine Adovasio age 34 mason and Rosa Vitantonio
Marriage note: married Michele Adovasio in Montelongo on 9 Dec 1905

Marty

Marty
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

I have found some information that may be about Felice's great, great grandfather, (my 5x great grandfather). I have found some information on a person that could be him, but I am not sure if it is. The information would fit the time frame on my 5x great grandfather.I do not know how, or where I could check this information and know if it is him or not. The information I have below is about Nicola Carbone, from familysearch.com. at the bottem of this post is also from familysearch.com, about my 4x great grandfather, telling me his father's name.

Name: Nicola Carbone
Birth Date: 1776
Birthplace:
Spouse's Name: Anna Maria Ferraiuolo
Spouse's Birth Date: 1794
Spouse's Birthplace:
Spouse's Age: 16
Event Date: 06 Dec 1810
Event Place: Caserta,Caserta,Italy
Father's Name: Angelo
Mother's Name: Maria D'Errico
Spouse's Father's Name: Giuseppe Ferraiuolo
Spouse's Mother's Name: Vincenza Gozzella

My 4x great grandfather:
Name: Luigi Carbone
Burial Date:
Burial Place:
Death Date: 29 Apr 1861
Death Place: Aversa, Caserta, Italy
Birthplace: Ottaviano, Napoli, Italy
Race:
Marital Status: Unknown
Spouse's Name:
Father's Name: Nicolangelo Carbone
Father's Birthplace:

How can I make sure the Nicola Carbone I have information on is or is not Nicolangelo Carbone? Can I just say it is not the same person, by the first names, or is it the same person, but the names are speled wrong on one?

Please help me if you can.
Thank you
Sam
RoslynT

Post by RoslynT »

Hello! My family was from Pietrabbondante, Italy and they settled in the Lowellville, Ohio area. I have a Felice Carbone listed on my "list" of early Lowellville Italian immigrants and I am working on documenting their history. I would love to chat with you about Felice to see if he is the same Felice in our records! You can email me at LowellvilleHistory@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you! Roslyn Torella
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

not a problem. I just sent you an email. My email address is SJC0211@aol.com, so please do not delete the email.