Del Papa - Giusti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
civitavecchia

Del Papa - Giusti

Post by civitavecchia »

Seeking the marriage (date, place and parents names) for

Giuseppe DEL PAPA and Maria GIUSTI in the vicinity of Lucca circa 1875-1882.

Son born in 1883.

Any information will be helpful and appreciated. Thanks.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Del Papa - Giusti

Post by adelfio »

Lucca is both a town and province
This shipmanifest LINE #23 shows a Giuseppe del Papa born in Santa Maria,Lucca traveling with a Giusti also from Santa Maria,Lucca
What was the sons name?

PG LINK TO MANIFEST
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
civitavecchia

Post by civitavecchia »

Thanks Marty.

I have searched the online (familysearch.org) registers of the tribunale di Lucca but have yet to find this couple. I have found many Del Papas married to Giustis, and I know that Alfredo (who came to the US, arrived on the SS. Europa, landing in New York on 13 Jun 1909). Alfredo was actually born in Marseilles, France, however his parents were not married there, but somewhere in or near Lucca. His birth was re-recorded in Lucca after they returned to that city, and states his birthplace as "Marseilles", same as his brother Santino Luigi, born two years later. Unfortunately, the records of Santa Maria del Judice are not online, and the civil registers only start in 1866, a few years after the birth of his father Giuseppe.

Again, any help in finding their marriage will be appreciated. Thanks, Dennis
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Santa Maria del Judice is a frazioni(SUBURB) of the town of Lucca so the civil records would be held by the town of Lucca

Lets try something email the archivio di stato di Lucca for his military record to get his parents name

E-mail: as-lu@beniculturali.it

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI LUCCA
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Giuseppe del Papa classe di nascita 1860-1864.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di leva di:Giuseppe del Papa nato a Santa Maria del Judice frazioni di Lucca,Lucca.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
civitavecchia

Post by civitavecchia »

Why ask for a military record? I don't think he served in the military before coming to the States.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

He had to register at 18 for the service he might have not served I would try for it. It would show the actual birthdate town and parents

Marty

Marty