Translation help - writing on back of photo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
RonB11

Translation help - writing on back of photo

Post by RonB11 »

I've been trying to translate my great-grandmother's (Rosaria) handwritten note on the back of a 1920 photograph of her son (Nunzio), but I can't make out many of the letters to input into google-translate. Nunzio was in his Italian police uniform. I think the note is to her daughter who was in the US because I see the nicknames of her daughter's children (Nini & Sarino). Thank you for any help you can give in translating this. Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1mqGQ8 ... sp=sharing
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Translation help - writing on back of photo

Post by PippoM »

"Figlia carissima, ti mando la fotografia di tuo fratello Nunzio per vedere di quanto si trova scarnito (?) che fa piacere a guardarlo. Baciamo caramente a Ninì e Sarino, tu riceviti un caro abbraccio insieme al tuo sposo. Tua madre Rosaria."
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Dearest daughter, I send you a picture of your Brother Nunzio, to let you see how thin he is (I'm not sure of this, as at that time being thin was not considered good ), so thin that it is a pleasure to watch. Dear kisses to Ninì and Sarino; and dear hugs to you and your husband from your mother Rosaria.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
RonB11

Post by RonB11 »

Thank you very much Pippo.