Are these two husband and wife

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Are these two husband and wife

Post by rp76226 »

I have the death records of Maria Tricarico at age 63 which indicates no marriage that I can find - http://postimg.org/image/vawk9dsbh/

and also of Rocco Fariello at age 87 as the widow of Maria Tricarico - http://postimg.org/image/7xl0cpgzr/

I know from other records that Rocco Fariello married Maria Tricarico. What I cannot figure out is whether the Maria Tricarco death record that I found is the person who was married to Rocco Fariello. The age is about right. Normally on death records, there is some indication if a person was married or single. Can anyone solve the mystery?

Ron
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Are these two husband and wife

Post by adelfio »

First who are the parents of Rocco from the marriage record to check the death record to make sure its the right Rocco

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Re: Are these two husband and wife

Post by rp76226 »

Marty, I do not have the marriage record of Rocco Fariello. I have the 1827 birth record and the 1854 marriage record of his son, Nicola Fariello both of which gave me Nicola's parents as Rocco Fariello and Maria Tricarico. I knew about Nicola, the son, before I knew who his parents were. From that, I also found the birth records of two other children that gives them as the parents. I deliberately searched for their death records next because that usually yields the other spouse. Having confirmed the spouse, then the parents listed on the death records would be accurate and not that of another person with the same name. Once the parents are confirmed, then I can search for a marriage certificate and be confident that it's the same couple. The next step would be to search out the parents' parents.