Mariantonia Lanni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GinaFashioni

Mariantonia Lanni

Post by GinaFashioni »

Hi,
I am looking for any information about my Gt. Grandmother, Mariantonia Lanni. She came from the Cassino arae and married my Gt Grandfather, Benedetto Faascione in England in 1892. They had 2 children but sadly she became ill and so they returned to Italy where she passed away, I believe in about 1901. We think that she had brothers and sister but have been unable to find any. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Gina Fashioni (Fascione)
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Mariantonia Lanni

Post by Italysearcher »

Was she born in 1864? Father named Camillo?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
GinaFashioni

Post by GinaFashioni »

Sorry - I dont know but her husband was born in 1867 so its possible - why? Have you found her??
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

GinaFashioni wrote:Hi,
I am looking for any information about my Gt. Grandmother, Mariantonia Lanni. She came from the Cassino arae and married my Gt Grandfather, Benedetto Faascione in England in 1892. They had 2 children but sadly she became ill and so they returned to Italy where she passed away, I believe in about 1901. We think that she had brothers and sister but have been unable to find any. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Gina Fashioni (Fascione)
I believe this is your great grandmother's mother... can you confirm this?

Name: Maria Lanni
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1823
Relation: Head
Where born: Cassmo, Italy
[Cassino, Italy]
Civil Parish: Croydon
Ecclesiastical parish: St Saviour
Town: Croydon
County/Island: Surrey
Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:

View Image
Registration District: Croydon
Sub-registration District: Croydon
ED, institution, or vessel: 37
Neighbors: View others on page
Piece: 592
Folio: 26
Page Number: 52
Household Members:
Name Age
Maria Lanni 68
Saveria Lanni 22
Giovanni Lanni 29
Felice Lanni 19
Marianna Lanni 16
Giuseppa Capalbo 21
Francesco Dambrosio 27
Silvestro Dambrosio 18
Giovanni Dambrosio 1
Francesco Lanni 24
Angelantonia Dambrosio 2
Filomena Dambrosio 16

CENSUS IMAGE: http://postimg.org/image/pkpohdbpv/
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

According to this post (LINK)

http://boards.ancestrylibrary.com/local ... .1/mb.ashx

Felice Lanni B.1872
Father - Carmine Lanni
Mother - Maria P__schio?

FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
GinaFashioni

Post by GinaFashioni »

Hi Dominique,
I am just waiting to get a copy of their marriage certificate so that I can find out Mariantonia's father's name. But I understood that she was born in Italy. I will let you know.
Thanks for your help,
Gina.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

GinaFashioni wrote:Hi Dominique,
I am just waiting to get a copy of their marriage certificate so that I can find out Mariantonia's father's name. But I understood that she was born in Italy. I will let you know.
Thanks for your help,
Gina.
Hi Gina,

The 1891 census states that MARIANTONIA LANNI was born in Cassino Italy (as well as her siblings and mother)- can you now confirm this is her? :)
GinaFashioni

Post by GinaFashioni »

Hi Dominique,
I HOPE that is our Mariantonia! But I can't be sure until I get the marriage certificate and check her last name. Is there any way of checking the death records there? We think she died when my Grandad was about 3 or 4 years old which would have been 1900 -1901. This is the first time we have had any luck in tracing her - so thank you SO much. Can you tell me the names of her siblings so that I can see if I can find them in any family trees on genealogy websites?
Gina.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

GinaFashioni wrote:Hi Dominique,
I HOPE that is our Mariantonia! But I can't be sure until I get the marriage certificate and check her last name. Is there any way of checking the death records there? We think she died when my Grandad was about 3 or 4 years old which would have been 1900 -1901. This is the first time we have had any luck in tracing her - so thank you SO much. Can you tell me the names of her siblings so that I can see if I can find them in any family trees on genealogy websites?
Gina.
You are in luck because Cassino's records are archived and viewable online by the LDS. You should be able to find the death and birth of your grandmother as well as her siblings. You may be able to find the possible marriage of her parents as well.

I am going to assume at the current time that the Mariantonia that I found on the 1891 census is her and look for her birth record.

According to the 1891 census her siblings are: sister Saveria Lanni born about 1869, brother Giovanni born about 1862, Felice born about 1872. If you need to look at the census again, I posted the census image for you already.

LINK HERE FOR CASSINO RECORDS: https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1483012

:D
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

Name: Mariantonia Lanni
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1892
Registration District: Ormskirk
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 105

Records on Page:
Name
Mariantonia Lanni
Elizabeth Louisa Broughton
Annie Bowyer Cooper
Samue Prince Heatley
Samuel Prince Heatley
Margaret Myers
William Scott

I also found this.
GinaFashioni

Post by GinaFashioni »

You are amazing! I've been looking for so long! I am also going to try and find her in the Cassino records!
Thank you so much! Are you in the UK Dominique?
Gina.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

GinaFashioni wrote:You are amazing! I've been looking for so long! I am also going to try and find her in the Cassino records!
Thank you so much! Are you in the UK Dominique?
Gina.
Aw, thank you Gina! Such sweet words! But I'm just happy that I can help! :D

I am still going through the records. I hope I can find a record for you tonight. No, I live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States. Are you in the UK? I went to London 2 years ago. It was a lot of fun! Are you near London?

I found this obituary too:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/boston ... fhid=7356 (might be a relation?)
GinaFashioni

Post by GinaFashioni »

No - I am nowhere near London! I am a town mouse. Southport is a sea side town not far from Liverpool. It is funny that you have Sophia Loren as your picture - my sister looks very like her and has been compared to her all her life! What is your Italian connection Dominique?
Gina.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

GinaFashioni wrote:No - I am nowhere near London! I am a town mouse. Southport is a sea side town not far from Liverpool. It is funny that you have Sophia Loren as your picture - my sister looks very like her and has been compared to her all her life! What is your Italian connection Dominique?
Gina.
I've seen some photos of Liverpool before in a magazine, it was very pretty!

You have a lucky sister! LOL! :lol:

Sophia is my favorite Italian actress.

I've gotten compared to Gina Lollobrigida so many times but I have yet to see *it*! My Nonno used to say that it was that "bella faccia italiana" (beautiful Italian face) look. My bisnonno looked just like Dean Martin, it was eerie! People, especially women, used to ask for his autograph all the time in his youth.

I'm Neapolitan, a little Sicilian and Calabrian. My dad's family including his mother's side are all from Italy. My mom is Swedish/English and Northern Italian. I'm 75%... but I've always just identified as Italian-American. I don't know really identity with the little bit of Swedish/English that I am. It's similar to how I identity as Southern Italian instead of Northern because I've never been exposed to the Northern Italian culture.

You?

PS. As I scroll through these death records, I am more inclined to say that your g-grandmom's name is MARIANNA as stated in the census instead of Mariantonia due to the frequent use of MARIANNAs in the city.
GinaFashioni

Post by GinaFashioni »

It may have been Marianna - but on her my Grandads birth cert. it says Mariantonia.The problem was that all my ancestors were illiterate and so I think the priests just guessed the spellings! That is why when my Dad was born the priest spelt our surname phonetically, so we became Fashioni's! Are you on face book? If so we can make friends!