Giorondo or Buglione from Cimitile

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lesliehill

Giorondo or Buglione from Cimitile

Post by lesliehill »

Hello! I am working on my family tree and can not get past these two from Italy.
My grandmother told me her grandmothers name was Raffaela Bougllone and her father Felice Gioconda. The only records I find of them spell their name as Giorondo. I don't know if this spelling is wrong or not. Does anyone know anything of Giorondo or Bougllone family? They were born around 1864. They emigrated to New York around 1894 and were married in Italy and most of their children were born in Italy. I thought she told me Cassete?
If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Leslie
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Giorondo or Buglione from Cimitile

Post by adelfio »

Records of Comune di Cimitile are available at family history library but they are from 1809-1865. Civil registration of births, deaths, marriages, miscellaneous documents, marriage documents for Cimitile, Napoli, Italy
What I would do is send for their marriage record from Cimitile it will give you info of their parents and maiden names of the mothers and other info so you could get the films to continue your research
Try the email first if no response in 30 days send a letter for your request no money

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Cimitile
Via E. De Nicola, 27/31
80030 Cimitile (NA)
ITALY
email:statocivile@comune.cimitile.na.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di Felice Gioconda e Raffaela Buglione

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Giuseppe Gioconda di Felice Gioconda e Raffaela Buglione a nato Cimitile il 1893

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Cimitile. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Felice Gioconda
Nome e cognome della moglie: Raffaela Buglione
Luogo di matrimonio:Cimitile
Data di matrimonio:1884-1888
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lesliehill wrote:Hello! I am working on my family tree and can not get past these two from Italy.
My grandmother told me her grandmothers name was Raffaela Bougllone and her father Felice Gioconda. The only records I find of them spell their name as Giorondo. I don't know if this spelling is wrong or not. Does anyone know anything of Giorondo or Bougllone family? They were born around 1864. They emigrated to New York around 1894 and were married in Italy and most of their children were born in Italy. I thought she told me Cassete?
If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Leslie
On Felice GIOCONDO's Petition for Naturalization he states that his birthplace was Caserta, Italy. On his Declaration of Intention to naturalize, Raffaela's birthplace is also identified as Caserta.
Caserta is both a town and province so you will need to determine the exact town...
The first 4 children were born in Italy
Three additional children on the petition (which was dated Sept. 1928) were born in Brooklyn. (identified as: Rose, Louis, Hannah)
Perhaps one of their birth certificates would identify the exact town?

From NYC Birth index - possible children?

Giocondo Rosa Jun 21 1898 Cert#8756 Kings CTY
Giocondo Lugig May 31 1900 Cert #9454 Kings CTY

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If you look at the shipmanifest it says they were coming from Cimitile,Napoli Lines 15-19 with their mother Raffaela Buglione
PG LINK
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... turnRecord

Also some of Felice sons draft cards
Name: Joseph Giocondo
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: New York City no 65, New York, United States
Birth Date: 21 Apr 1893
Birthplace: Naples, , Italy
Nationality: Italy
Affiliate Publication Title: World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards
Affiliate Publication Number: M1509
GS Film number: 001754592
Digital Folder Number: 005262913
Image Number: 04325

Name: Antonio Giocondo
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: New York City no 65, New York, United States
Birth Date: 21 Aug 1895
Birthplace: , Naples, Italy
Nationality: Italy
Affiliate Publication Title: World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards
Affiliate Publication Number: M1509
GS Film number: 001754592
Digital Folder Number: 005262913
Image Number: 04322

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Marty :-)

yes, that would indicate that the CHILDREN may have been born in Cimitile...

But I thought the poster was inquiring about the parents - Felice Giocondo and Raffaela Buglione... :-)

T.
lesliehill

Post by lesliehill »

Wow! How do you both know so much? I am astonished! Did you search my family tree? It took me weeks to find that much and a very short time for both of you. I suppose if I understood Italian geography things might be easier. Thank you so much really. My grandmother would be so, so happy. Thank you.