SAN MAURO FORTE SURNAMES

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
itye
Rookie
Rookie

SAN MAURO FORTE SURNAMES

Post by itye »

If anyone has any link to San Mauro Forte - please list your surnames which have a link to the area, perhaps we can all help each other!

Surnames in my family include :-

Caresimo
Giammetta
Moscato
Laviero
Valluzzi
Giannotto
Sanchirico
beachlady

Re: SAN MAURO FORTE SURNAMES

Post by beachlady »

Hi, All my grandparents also came from San Mauro Forte to the USA in the early 1900s most settling in Yonkers, NY and Bristol CT. I just listed some of the surnames at another person's posting but I will give them to you as well. It would be so interesting to compare information.
Names are:

Cifichiello
Lamagna
Mulieri
Disanza
LaBella
Cassano
D'Ambrosio
Fugaro
Armento
Fanstasia
DiFato
DiRosario
Spagna
Sanchirico
Contrastano
Ronzillo
itye
Rookie
Rookie

Post by itye »

Hi

Thanks for the list, Sanchirico was the name of my grandmother Angela Sanchirico who was married to Mauro Giammetta (he took his mothers surname, his fathers was Moscato)...possibly related ?
beachlady

Post by beachlady »

Hi and thanks for your quick reply.

I checked my information and found two connections that may be helpful.

First: my mother's uncle Sam(Salvatore) Lamagna married a Grace Sanchirico. I do not know how she fits into your family tree.

Second: Awhile ago, I found a Sanchirico Family tree on line at Family Tree maker which I copied, as there is an unfinished family line connecting to me on it.

It states:
Aniello Spagna married Santa Giammetta
Their children (to be brief I will just list names for now but there are dates etc.)

Rosa, Carolina, Concetta, Fred, Antonio, Nichola, Jesualda, Maria Antionette, Anna Marie, and Geraldine.

Rosa married Vito Cifichiello.....he is my maternal grandmother's( Rosaria Cifichiello Lamagna) brother. They lived in the Bronx in NYC and I know and have met these cousins. For this family line this on-line tree is not complete but I do have lots more information.

Also, Anna Marie( b. 1898 and d. 1988) married Giuseppe Sanchirico(son of Antonio Sanchirico and Maria DiNoto)
Their children are listed as: Santa, Anthony Joseph, Neil, and Maryanne.
This information is not mine so I cannot vouch for its accuracy, although it probably is correct.

I hope this helps you and let me know what you think of this information. I would love to hear back from you with any connections you may have to my family lines. The names I listed closer to the top of my list are the names more prevalent in my part of the family tree.
Take care.
RitaMastro

Post by RitaMastro »

Hello, Cousins! I am the youngest grandchild of Vito Cifichiello and Rosa Spagna. I would love to help fill in the branches on the family tree, share information and gather some. Are you still out there???
alegiammy

Post by alegiammy »

Hi I'm Alessandra I live in italy my surname is Giammetta and my granddad is from san mauro forte!!!!
MrSubway1

Post by MrSubway1 »

Hello. My grandfather is Vito Labella, born March 30, 1884. His father is Gianbattista Labella, born in 1854. My grandmother is Caterina Lacovara, born February 02, 1884.

All were born in San Mauro Forte.

Any information about them or the town would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great holiday season.

Regards,

Vito LaBella
RitaMastro

Post by RitaMastro »

Vito, What are some of the other names in your family? Did they come to the US? Where did they live? I think that your Grandfather Vito LaBella, might have been my Grandfather Vito Cifichiello's first cousin. I will try to confirm this.
camille48

Post by camille48 »

LaMagna
Sanchirico

My grandfather was Salvatore who married Grace. Their children were William, Frank, Joseph and Annette Lamagna. I am William's daughter, Camille.
beachlady

Post by beachlady »

Hi Camille,
My grandfather was Mauro, brother to Salvatore. I just got together with your cousins (Joseph's daughters) and one of my first cousins in NY!!!
camille48

Post by camille48 »

YOU MUST BE DONNA. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TUFO FAMILY?
camille48

Post by camille48 »

YOU MUST BE DONNA. JOANN AND PAT TOLD ME ALL ABOUT YOU.
blabella1

Post by blabella1 »

My dad's family was originally from San Mauro Forte. Vincenza Lopiano married Agustino Labella in 1914 and moved to America in 1920. My family is traveling to San Mauro this spring. I met Giseppi Lopiano in 1978 in San Mauro. My dad's grandparents were Michael and Frances Lopiano, and Giovanni and Concetta Labella. Vincenza's daughter married Mauro Cassano's son Joseph. We are hoping to meet any relatives or friends of the Lopiano's or Labella's. The Cifichiello's, Disanza's, and the Lamagna's might be familiar with our family. Does anyone Know any of these family members?
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

My gr-gr-gr-gr grandfather Alessandro Ginosa was born in San Mauro Forte 22 February 1807. He removed to Macchia di Isernia later on and married there.

His parents were Marcantonio Ginosa and Lucia Troilo of San Mauro. Other surnames in my ancestry from the town are di Nuzzi and Privingano.

I realize this is early, but I thought I would mention my connection. I have more details naturally if anyone is interested or feel we may have a common surname.

Jim
blabella1

Post by blabella1 »

Does anyone know of a place to stay near San Mauro or in San Mauro for 8 adults????????