Ricciardello in Messina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pete1979Val

Ricciardello in Messina

Post by Pete1979Val »

Hi,

I'm looking for information on Cono Ricciardello born in Brolo, Messina and married to Angela (no last name). They had 4 children: Cono born in 1884, Carmella, Antonia, and Sara.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

are you acting in an advisory capacity? Peter
BR7

Re: Ricciardello in Messina

Post by BR7 »

Cono Ricciardello is my grandfather. Pete1979Val - Contact me for some updated info on this search. Cono Ricciardello came to America in 1902 from Brolo (Piraino part of town). Can someone direct me to a place in town I could take an advertisement out? Also looking for contact at local parish.
BR7

Re: Ricciardello in Messina

Post by BR7 »

Update from last post:
I have been researching the Ricciardello’s in and near Brolo, Province Messina, Sicily. There seems to be at least two old Ricciardello families there going back to the late 1700’s but I haven't been able to connect them.
Our name was Americanized to Ricciardo at Ellis Island when my grandfather Cono Ricciardello (1884-1962) came to Newark, Ohio in 1902. He married Anna DiGiacomantonio in 1910. Cono's father was Cono Ricciardello who married Angela Mondello or Travato.and his grandfather Pietro Ricciardello married Rosaria Maniaci daughter of Don Cono Maniaci and Caterina Lo Re.
Cono's sister Antonia married Basilio Ricciardello in 1898 in Piraino, Messina, Sicily, Cono's sister Carmella married Antonio Agnello in 1887 in Piraino, Messina, Sicily. Cono's sister Rosaria 'Sara' is thought to have died about 1902 perhaps unmarried.
I Have the family back to 1700's.