Agostino Alfano baptism record - mother's name?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Sam.Alfano

Agostino Alfano baptism record - mother's name?

Post by Sam.Alfano »

I'm fairly certain this is the 1808 baptism record for my great-great-great-grandfather Agostino Alfano. I see his father's name SALVATOR but I don't see his mother's name. Can anyone assist with this?

Thanks!!
Attachments
great_great_great_grandfather_baptism.jpg
great_great_great_grandfather_baptism.jpg (374.22 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Agostino Alfano baptism record - mother's name?

Post by erudita74 »

Sam.Alfano wrote:I'm fairly certain this is the 1808 baptism record for my great-great-great-grandfather Agostino Alfano. I see his father's name SALVATOR but I don't see his mother's name. Can anyone assist with this?

Thanks!!
Sam
Agostino was baptized on Feb 21, 1808 but born yesterday (on the 20th). His parents were Salvatore and Angela Alfano. Even though the Italian civil records never use the married name of a female (she retains her father's surname throughout her life, even if married,) unfortunately, some priests did in the church records. So, in this record, you do not get Angela's surname (or what we, in the U.S., refer to as a maiden name). Witnesses were Salvatore Spadafora and Teresa Cangialosi.
Erudita
Sam.Alfano

Post by Sam.Alfano »

Thank you once again for your translation talents, Erudita! Much appreciated, and I'm learning a bit more each time thank to you :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Sam.Alfano wrote:Thank you once again for your translation talents, Erudita! Much appreciated, and I'm learning a bit more each time thank to you :)
You're very welcome, Sam. Hopefully you'll get better than me at deciphering these documents.
Erudita