Salvatore family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
s1957rea1

Salvatore family

Post by s1957rea1 »

Looking for Salvatore relatives, especially the ones related to Silvio Salvatore from Arpino Italy born in 1929.

He may have been related to the Rea family.

He came to Ontario, Canada in about 1952 and apparently returned to Italy where he may have died. I am not sure when.

Anyone having any information about this person, or family please send me an email at s1957rea@yahoo.ca or post a message here at this forum.

I thank you for your time.
sRea
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Salvatore family

Post by wldspirit »

Have you requested any documentation from the town of origin?
wldspirit
s1957rea1

Post by s1957rea1 »

Hello wldspirit,
Thank you for your reply. I have not requested any documentation as of yet. I will do so when I have collected more information. If he is still alive, would they disclose any vital records of him?

I do know that his father was Stefano Salvatore. I do know that this family is also connected to some from Isola di Liri. I think that at one time he lived in Brantford, Ontario for a short time. Not sure though.

sRea
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

If I am not mistaken, there is a privacy law of 75 years.

There are only 9 surnamed persons in Isola di Liri,

and 5 in Arpino. Searching in the province brought up one person named

Silvio Salvatore;

Salvatore Silvio
03049 Sant'elia Fiumerapido (FR) - Via S. Pietro, 5
0776 429933

perhaps this is your Silvio?

To perform the search yourself, enter the surname in cognome,
first name in nome, town or province in dove and click on cerca
at the following website;

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Also found a Stefano Salvatore;

Salvatore Stefano
03039 Sora (FR) - Via Cocorbito, 1
0776 839263

Given past Italian naming traditions.......maybe of some relation.

For a potential relative letter you may use the following;

http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives

wldspirit
salvatore94

Post by salvatore94 »

bongiorno
cerco la famiglia salvatore origine di sant'elia fiumerapido
vai a vedere un po su

www.salvatoreandco.net
giovanni.salvatore@free.fr

a presto
s1957rea1

Post by s1957rea1 »

Buon giorno, Grazie per il messaggio. Il nome di Salvatore è popolare. Egualmente guarderò le vostre pagine Website. Arpino ed il San Elia non è tanto lontano (averso 40 minuti con la macchina). Ho un documento che dice che veniva da Arpino.

Grazie,
sRea
aiafrate

Post by aiafrate »

Hello,

I saw your old posting regarding Silvio Salvatore, while I was conducting my own research on the Salvatore Family. I attempted to email you privately but the email provided is no longer active.

I strongly suspect that Silvio Salvatore is my Maternal Grandfather's brother. My maternal grandfather Giovanni Salvatore father was also the son Stefano Salvatore and Teresa Iafrate from Arpino (Marrone) , Fronzinone. Giovanni family has lived in Ontario (GTA) since the 1960's.

If you believe there is a connection please email me back and I point you in the right direction. Are you a relative of Silvio?

Best,

Aldo Iafrate
aldo.iafrate@hotmail.com
queen_lioness81

Post by queen_lioness81 »

I've also been searching for info on Iafrate. My great-grandfather came from Arpino. His name was Andrea and his wife was Filomena. They came to East Bridgewater, MA in 1906. Wonder if any relation to Teresa?!?
queen_lioness81
Searching for info on Iafrate (Yafrate), Andrea believe immigrated from Arpino to East Bridgewater, MA.
queen_lioness81

Oh and thank you Super Moderator wldspirit. Those web addresses you provided are awesome!!
queen_lioness81
Searching for info on Iafrate (Yafrate), Andrea believe immigrated from Arpino to East Bridgewater, MA.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Hi............Is Salvatore the true spelling of your last name? My last name is Salvatore....but it was shorten from Iasalvatore......My family is from Piedimonte D'Alfie and my Grandfather Raffaele Iasalvatore came here to America in 1902...........any connection???........Thanks........ sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Hi Queen
There are parish records that go back to 1500's for the Iafrate family of Arpino.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
queen_lioness81

Hi Italysearcher,
I was in Arpino forum before and found your info, they sd you know a gentleman who had traced back most surnames from Arpino to 1500's but you charge a fee. Would you email me your pricing at queen_lioness81@yahoo.com please? Can't say I'll be a customer soon, but I would like to know for future reference. Thanks for the info.
queen_lioness81