surename: ARRIGHI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tw8872

surename: ARRIGHI

Post by tw8872 »

ANY INFO ON THE SURNAME ARRIGHI, AND I MEAN ANYTHING WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surename: ARRIGHI

Post by brujaojos »

tw8872 wrote:ANY INFO ON THE SURNAME ARRIGHI, AND I MEAN ANYTHING WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Hi There,

Can you be a little more specific with the information you are looking for? If you can give us some names (first & last), dates of birth, where they settled, spouse's names, and some children's names, we can try to help you.

Believe it or not, 212 people with the surname Arrighi came into the USA through Ellis Island, so as you can see, we need more information from you in order to help you better.

Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

This surname coming from german name Heimrich (Heimat =native land and rich = king, lord )meaning native land's lord
.. The Heimrich original name became Henricus in latin language, and, after, Enrico in italian language;
ArrigO is an version ( especially diffused in North/West Italy) of ENRICO first name;

the Arrighi surname meant " of Arrigo, son of Arrigo, of Arrigo family". The Arrighi surname is an very ancient and noble italian surname, in fact already around 1200 was the Arrighi noble family of Firenze(Tuscany region), around 1300 year also the Arrighi family was listed as rich families in Lucignano town(Arezzo/Tuscany), and around the 1500 are traces of Arrighi very important family in San Miniato (Pisa/Tuscany);
in 1600 was the famous sculptor Alessandro Arrighi, and in 1700 the great architect Antonio Arrighi, both from Cremona town(Lombardia region).
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bookratt

Post by bookratt »

There was a prominent Italian Protestant minister in NYC's Little Italy in the 1920s-30s by the name of Arrighi. He preached at The Broome Street Tabernacle, across the street from the Police Headquarters Building in Little Italy for many years. He was active in the union movement, voter registration drives, the betterment of tenement living conditions, etc for Italian immigrants and their families. His successor was Rev. Joseph Brunn (aka Giuseppe Brun), my gggreat uncle, from Andreis, Italy. The church was demolished in 1959.
tw8872

Post by tw8872 »

Alright thanks alot but if it will help i would like to know about the arrighis ariving from nothern italy and who moved to america eventually ending up in MA.

By the way i have heard an Arrighi was married to Napoleon Bounapartes granddaughter.....does anyone have more info on that or know anything else???
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

tw8872 wrote:Alright thanks alot but if it will help i would like to know about the arrighis ariving from nothern italy and who moved to america eventually ending up in MA.

By the way i have heard an Arrighi was married to Napoleon Bounapartes granddaughter.....does anyone have more info on that or know anything else???
Hi Again,

Can you please give us some more information such as full names, year of birth, spouse's names, and children's names so that we can help you better?

Just in the 1910 Federal Census, there are 4 people with your surname.

Charles Arrighi,Greenfield, Franklin, MA, abt 1865
Joseph Arrighi , Florida, Berkshire, MA, abt 1872
Louis Arrighi, 6-Wd Holyoke, Hampden, MA, abt 1880
Peter Arrighi, Greenfield, Franklin, MA, abt 1866

By 1920 there are 26 people with your surname. So please give us more information so that we can help you better.

Also, I would do a google search to see about your family marryying into Napoleon's family.

Hope this helps,
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
tw8872

Post by tw8872 »

It would probly be a little after 1910 and I belive they arrived in canada and then came downward.....some of the childern who arrived were charlie Arrighi, and the William born shortly after, willam and his wife dorothy trocci gave birth to 3 kids including Thomas Paul, my father, my name is Thomas William.....i will try to get more names ASAP...is there an email to reach u at?

also i have done many google searches on the sub and yes an Arrighi did marry Napoleons garndaughter......also acordding to family disscusions, I have been told that I had a relitive who fought for Napoleon, and becausde of a past post saying in what high class the Arrighis were in in northern italy...i can only assume he was the same general...I belive the name was Tomas Arrighi de Cassanova....if that helps.....
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

tw8872 wrote:It would probly be a little after 1910 and I belive they arrived in canada and then came downward.....some of the childern who arrived were charlie Arrighi, and the William born shortly after, willam and his wife dorothy trocci gave birth to 3 kids including Thomas Paul, my father, my name is Thomas William.....i will try to get more names ASAP...is there an email to reach u at.
Hi There,

This Census could be a good clue for it has the names that you mention.

Name: Charles Arrighi
Estimated birth year: abt 1885
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Father's Name: Joseph Arrighi
Spouse's Name: Rose Arrighi
Home in 1930: Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts; Roll: 938; Page: 11A; Enumeration District: 5; Image: 592.0.

I'm sure someone will post this census for you. (thank you. :) ) This Charles has a son, Charles, and a son, William. Also, Charles' father, Joseph (Giuseppe), is living with them.

Could this be your family? This is why I need full names and year of birth and whatever information you have.

If that is your family above, this could be Giuseppe (father) ship's manifest.
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipm ... 0068030154

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

brujaojos wrote:
tw8872 wrote:It would probly be a little after 1910 and I belive they arrived in canada and then came downward.....some of the childern who arrived were charlie Arrighi, and the William born shortly after, willam and his wife dorothy trocci gave birth to 3 kids including Thomas Paul, my father, my name is Thomas William.....i will try to get more names ASAP...is there an email to reach u at.
Hi There,

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9307 ... 9303tq.jpg

Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts; Roll: 938; Page: 11A; Enumeration District: 5; Image: 592.0.

I'm sure someone will post this census for you. (thank you. :) ) This Charles has a son, Charles, and a son, William. Also, Charles' father, Joseph (Giuseppe), is living with them.

Could this be your family? This is why I need full names and year of birth and whatever information you have.

Trish
See link above for census record that Trish is talking about...
mfjp
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi Mfjp,

THANK YOU!!!!!! :) :) :)

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
tripwriter

Post by tripwriter »

Hi,

I'm looking for any Arrighi's that settled in Montgomery, Alabama. My great-grandfather (Marshall Arrighi) was born in 1871 in Alabama. His father (b. 1851 - unsure of first name) either came to America from Italy or maybe France near the Italian border. Marshall Arrighi married Genevieve Morris (her parents were Irish I believe) and they moved to St. Joseph, MO. Marshall died around the turn of the century while working on the railroad. My great grandparents had one child, my grandfather, Howard Morris Arrighi (b. 1893 in St. Joseph). That's about all I know. I think my great-grandfather may have had a sibling. He is on the 1900 census, but not the 1880 census.

Any Arrighi relations from Montgomery, Alabama, or St. Joseph, Missouri?

Elizabeth Arrighi Borsting
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

ANY INFO ON THE SURNAME ARRIGHI, AND I MEAN ANYTHING WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
You asked for it... look at all the info you've received from everyone.. and just recently from Elizabeth too... :P (welcome!!)

Ok then... here's one for you... I don't know who he is at this point, but thought I would park this record here... you never know..

Naming traditions... (Thomas)

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 3360030363

First Name Tommaso (off to MA)
Last Name Arrighi
Ethnicity Italy
Last Place of Residence: Barya (maybe Barga)
Date of Arrival Apr 17, 1893
Age at Arrival  34y    Gender  M    Marital Status    
Ship of Travel Werra
Port of Departure Genoa
Manifest Line Number 0363

Barga map
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... a&zipcode=

mfjp :P
tw8872

Post by tw8872 »

mfjp wrote:
brujaojos wrote:
Hi There,

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9307 ... 9303tq.jpg

Trish
See link above for census record that Trish is talking about...
mfjp

thanks a ton!! Im almost positive but did they land in Canada originally? i think i was told that......Also William is my grandfather, whos son was Thomas Paul whos my dad....my nmae is Thomas William

Also if this is true can neone find a relationship to the Tomas Arrighi de cassanova who married napoleons granddaugher.....ik its a longshot but i haveta throw it out there
keizersdream

Post by keizersdream »

I got this link from Suanj and its very interesting to read about this lastname. The piculiar thing is that also in my family my grandmother always tell us that we were one way or the other related to Napoleon's family but i didnt believe it. After i found the name of Riggi, a italian woman. Last week i saw a will where they write down the name as Arrige(in spanish). As they mentioned that its a italian name i ask and Suanj told me it could be Arrighi. Reading your message i believe maybe it could be true all the stories they told us but we have to know for sure to believe.

The person i found was Maria Dominga Arrige or Arrighi. Italian woman who married Franciose Chevallier from Normandy, French, around 1.750. They arrive in A Coruña (Spain) around 1.776.
This is all i have for information but still searching. If anyone have any information about this person i would like to know.

Regards,

José
tw8872

Post by tw8872 »

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... en%26lr%3D

check that out idk if thats the right arrighi de casanova but hes related to napoleon