FB page for old images of Italos/Italian Americans

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

FB page for old images of Italos/Italian Americans

Post by dominique426 »

Hi everyone! :)

I just recently created a Facebook page to share images of Italian and Italians Americans from the 1800s to the mid 1900s. Not only will it show images of Italian Americans from those eras, I'll be posting images of Italians/Italian Americans that are not identified. I hope to somehow connect these photos to the ancestors.

Here is the link!

https://www.facebook.com/OldImageryofItalianAmericans
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: FB page for old images of Italos/Italian Americans

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thank you so much for sharing these Dominique. These are brilliant and very interesting. A couple of these photos are somewhat heart-rending – they certainly add another dimension. Like you I also love old photos and would love to have some pics of my ancestors. The few pics I have start from about the 1930s.

I had to giggle at the photo with the caption : "A Neoplitan macaroni stand with the proprietor, cooks and the customers eating in true Italian street fashion." What did they mean by “customers eating in "true Italian street fashion"?” :shock: :P Really? We would never have been allowed to eat spaghetti like that – it was always with a fork rolling the spaghetti against a spoon! :) It was quite an art.

(Re “Facebook” – I’m not actually signed up to this and don’t exactly know how it works. Just a naive question “if I click on this link from time to time will I still be able to see the future images that you might add to it – without being signed up to facebook?)

Thank you once again for this post. I’ve really enjoyed looking at the pics and am looking forward to seeing more. Good luck with finding lots more photos of your respective ancestors.

Angela
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Thank you so much for sharing these Dominique. These are brilliant and very interesting. A couple of these photos are somewhat heart-rending – they certainly add another dimension. Like you I also love old photos and would love to have some pics of my ancestors. The few pics I have start from about the 1930s.

I had to giggle at the photo with the caption : "A Neoplitan macaroni stand with the proprietor, cooks and the customers eating in true Italian street fashion." What did they mean by “customers eating in "true Italian street fashion"?” :shock: :P Really? We would never have been allowed to eat spaghetti like that – it was always with a fork rolling the spaghetti against a spoon! :) It was quite an art.

(Re “Facebook” – I’m not actually signed up to this and don’t exactly know how it works. Just a naive question “if I click on this link from time to time will I still be able to see the future images that you might add to it – without being signed up to facebook?)

Thank you once again for this post. I’ve really enjoyed looking at the pics and am looking forward to seeing more. Good luck with finding lots more photos of your respective ancestors.

Angela
Hi Angela, I'm so happy you liked them! :D

A lot of my fans share their personal family photos on the Facebook page in hopes of connecting with their ancestors.

Yes, you can still check out the photos. :) You just can't interact with the page such as posting your own family photos or leaving comments. If you ever have questions or want to contact a possible relative, just send me a message on here!

Ahahaha, my Nonna would have cracked me with a wooden spoon! :lol: However macaroni stands were very popular then! It was a street food that many in Napoli enjoyed... I remember hearing many stories of those "lovely macaroni stands".

:D
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
tazy

Post by tazy »

I'm assuming they have something like that in Italy? Is the Ufficio di Stato Civile ( Civil Registration Office ) the same thing as a Vital Statistics???
Sign up with 70-461for getting incredible online EMC courses exam and Princeton University.