Birth Record of 5 generations back

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Birth Record of 5 generations back

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I found this birth record for an Elizabetta Introna, daughter of Tomaso Introna and Maria Spadevecchia (who are my great-grandparents 5 generations back). From what I can read, the birth took place on January 11, 1818. I think it lists Tomaso's age as 40 (so he was born 1778? - WOW) and his father as Ilarione. Mother's age is 21? Does the record include the names of Maria's parents? Does it have their occupations?

Here is the link:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Please let me know if I missed anything important.

Thank you again for all your assistance. Am I getting better at reading Italian?

Have a great day everyone!

ItalianbellaSA
Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record of 5 generations back

Post by adelfio »

[quote="ItalianbellaSA"]I found this birth record for an Elizabetta Introna, daughter of Tomaso Introna and Maria Spadevecchia (who are my great-grandparents 5 generations back). From what I can read, the birth took place on January 11, 1818. I think it lists Tomaso's age as 40 (so he was born 1778? - WOW) and his father as Ilarione. Mother's age is 21? Does the record include the names of Maria's parents? Does it have their occupations?

Here is the link:

Please let me know if I missed anything important.

Mothers parents are not listed Keep it up you are getting there!!!Tommaso was a farmer contadino
She was actually born on the 10th at the 21st hour and the record was recorded on the 11th if you look at the middle of the record alle ore ventuno di giorno dieci. At the end of the record it says baptism in the parish of San Corra

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Tomaso Introna he was a widower and Maria Giuseppa Spadevecchia
1817 March 6th in the town of Molfetta

CLICK FOR PAGE LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you so much Marty! Tomaso and Maria Spadevecchia were married March 6, 1817. Tomaso's father was the late Ilarione and mother Chiara Andruela? Maria 's father was Sergio and mother Elizabetta? Does it give the last name of her mother? Also are the ages of the parents given?
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:Marriage record of Tomaso Introna he was a widower and Maria Giuseppa Spadevecchia

CLICK FOR PAGE LINK

Marty
1817 March 6th in the town of Molfetta marriage of Tomaso Introna age 39 farmer son of deceased Ilarione Introna died 1804 Oct 26th and Chiara Andruela age 80 married to Maria Giuseppa Spadevecchia age 20 spinner daughter of Sergio Spadevecchia age 55 and Elisabetta Ciff??(NEED SOME HELP) age 50
First wife was Maria Columba Sabbatelli

Marty

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote:
adelfio wrote:Marriage record of Tomaso Introna he was a widower and Maria Giuseppa Spadevecchia

CLICK FOR PAGE LINK

Marty
1817 March 6th in the town of Molfetta marriage of Tomaso Introna age 39 farmer son of deceased Ilarione Introna died 1804 Oct 26th and Chiara Andruela age 80 married to Maria Giuseppa Spadevecchia age 20 spinner daughter of Sergio Spadevecchia age 55 and Elisabetta Ciff??(NEED SOME HELP) age 50
First wife was Maria Columba Sabbatelli

Marty

Hi Marty :D !

Possibly CIPPONE...

T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I have put all this information right on my family tree. I never - ever - thought I would be able to trace my roots back this far! I am so grateful to all for the help!

All the best -
Sue

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi:

I found the death record of Tomaso Introna's first wife, Maria Colomba Sabatelli. It looks like he married his second wife only a couple of months after the death of Maria Sabatelli. I am trying to determine the age of Tommaso in 1817. If I am translating correctly, he is 28? And, Maria Colomba Sabatelli was 35 when she died on Jan. 23, 1817? Also, it lists her parents as Signori Domenico Sabatelli and Signora Caterina de Pinto. Why would they put a title of Signori and Signora before theirs names. Also both Tommaso and her dad were listed as "Proprietario" - does that mean that they owned property or a business? Does their title have anything to do with "Proprietario"?

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Can you post the link to the death record and the marriage with Maria Columba Sabbatelli

Marty

Marty
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Here is the death record of Maria Colomba Sabatelli:

Also, why does she have a middle name of Columba, which is more like a last name?

Sue

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Marriage record of Tommaso to second wife, Maria Spadavechia. I don't have the marriage record for first marriage.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html

Marriage record of Tommaso to second wife, Maria Spadavechia. I don't have the marriage record for first marriage.
He was 39 at the time of this marriage so abt 1878 On the death record of Maria Colomba Sabatelli she was 35 so abt 1782 born. They use the parish of San Gennaro,Molfetta for his 2nd marriage wedding so any further records I would try there

PARROCCHIA S. GENNARO
Via Sergio Pansini -
70056 Molfetta (BA)
tel: 080 3971771

Marty

Marty
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I found the death record for a Tomaso Introna - July 30, 1848. It looks like he was 76 when he died and he had three wives! If I am reading correctly, his first wife was Filippa de Leonardis! So far, I have translated:

Tomaso Introna: Age 76
Date of Death: July 30, 1848
Father: Ilarione
Mother: Chiara Andruela
Place Street: If someone can help me with this, please?
First wife: Filippa de Leonardis
Second Wife: Maria Colomba Sabatelli
Third Wife: Maria Spadevechia

Here is the link:

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sue Antista :D

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Hi Everyone:

I found the death record for a Tomaso Introna - July 30, 1848. It looks like he was 76 when he died and he had three wives! If I am reading correctly, his first wife was Filippa de Leonardis! So far, I have translated:

Tomaso Introna: Age 76
Date of Death: July 29, 1848 at 4 PM - Date of record is 30 July...
Father: Ilarione deceased
Mother: Chiara Andreula deceased
Place Street: If someone can help me with this, please? Strada Crocifisso
Widower of First wife: Filippa de Leonardis
Then of Second Wife: Maria Colomba Sabatelli I do not see Maria in her given name
Now husband of Third Wife: Maria Spadevechia

Here is the link:

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sue Antista :D
T.