Who can I contact in Italy?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can write for documents such as birth, marriage or death recordsand state of the family certificate to the town of origin. There are no organziations that I am aware of just government municipal offices. Sorry Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune diMaddaloni, Postale 81024, Provincia Caserta, Campania region, Italy. Send a form letter (www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp) alonf with self addressed envelope and postal cupons for $5.00. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

They sell cupons in Post Offices. I personally never used them and just put $5.00 in an envelope and cross my fingers..its expedites when it works and self addressed envelope also makes it easy for whoever and shows motivation. It doesn\'t pay to send an international bank check in Euros and they cannot exchange money orderrs or personal checks as I have beeen advise Consequently its cash, bank checks or cupons. The service is actually free but mailed requests, p[articularly from overseas is low on the priority list for local municipal archive offices who must take care of walk-ins fcirst. Peter