filomena or Roza papa of montesarchio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
findfam4me

filomena or Roza papa of montesarchio

Post by findfam4me »

I am looking for the marriage or birth records for Filomina Papa . she was born about 1874
she married Francesco Agonito about 1893, she had 3 children Christina, vittoria, Roza,
before coming to the U S. she left behind her youngest daughter Roza to stay with her mother,
Roza had red hair like Filomina. the last I heard she was married with a family about 1945. it would be a big help if some one knew or knows anything about the Papa family, or some information on how to get information from that area, I can find no information on Francesco in Montesarchio. the spelling in his name may have changed because I can't find his ship manifest. he made several trips to Italy 1892 1894 1896 . he finally brought Filomena to the US in may of 1902.
here she had 6 more children. she passed away about 1926, Francesco passed away 1942,

I can be emailed at dignupbnes@hotmail.co,

thanks Ron K.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: filomena or Roza papa of montesarchio

Post by Italysearcher »

If you request Rosa's birth record from the Comune it should tell you who she married. Her children will have her husband's surname. You should also know that many people no longer have land lines in Italy, using the cell phone exclusively. Just because you don't see them in the white pages doesn't mean they aren't living there.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
findfam4me

Re: filomena or Roza papa of montesarchio

Post by findfam4me »

Italysearcher wrote:If you request Rosa's birth record from the Comune it should tell you who she married. Her children will have her husband's surname. You should also know that many people no longer have land lines in Italy, using the cell phone exclusively. Just because you don't see them in the white pages doesn't mean they aren't living there.

thank you