PESCI-Silvae Bocchetti, Borgotaro, Valmozzola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
taps57

PESCI-Silvae Bocchetti, Borgotaro, Valmozzola

Post by taps57 »

I am new to this board but have been researching my family history since about 2005. I am stuck on my grandmother's side, the PESCI family. I have never been able to find documentation of my great grandfather's birth, Biagio Pesci. I have found the marriage of his parents Luigi Pesci and Maria Timozzi on LDS films. I would like to connect with someone researching my PESCI line. Help : )

Terry Pesce Schultz
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: PESCI-Silvae Bocchetti, Borgotaro, Valmozzola

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Terry :-)

We have many volunteers here at the forum who will help to search for you.

Can you give us more details?
Biagio's approx. year of birth?
Place of parents' marriage?
Did he immigrate to US? If yes, where did he settle? If not the US, where did he settle?

Any details you can provide will help us in the search.

T.
taps57

Post by taps57 »

This is the info I have:
Biagio Pesci:
b. 11 may 1879 Valmozzola
m.20 jul 1903 Islington, London England
Giovanna Spagnoli
d. 17 jul 1917 Monte Corno

parents:
Luigi Antonio Pesci
b. 18 jun 1843, Silvae Bocchetti
m.13 feb 1872 Borgotaro
Maria Timozzi
b. 15 jun 1849

The only official documentation I have is for Biagio's parents marriage and baptism records from the church on LDS films. I have Biagio's marriage and death records but cannot find baptism/birth, full name, baptism/birth for sibling's.
I am also interested in tracing the family back from the parents Luigi and Maria

Thank you for any help and advice you can give me in the search : )
Terry
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Thank you for the additional informaion...

Have you tried writing directly to the Comune of Valmozzola for Biagio's birth record?

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Provinciale, 1
43050 Valmozzola (PR)
ITALY

Make your request in Italian...
Help with letters here:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

If you have the marriage record of Biagio's parents from Borgotaro, you should see the names of their parents on the record :-)

A question about your listing for Luigi's birthplace. Where did you see "Silvae Bocchetti" listed as his place of birth? Can you post the document for us to see? Perhaps it is BORCETO [a hamlet of Borgotaro] or BERCETO?

Address for Borgo Val di Taro (Borgotaro)
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Manara, 6
43043 Borgo Val di Taro (PR)
ITALY

T.
taps57

Post by taps57 »

I have not yet written to Valmozzola yet. I received information from the Archivio di Stato di Parma concerning a request for military registration records. I received Biagio's birthdate/place in the response. I was also directed to write to the Archivio di Stato di Piacenza where the military records are kept for the Parma.
The information I have on Biagio's parents and grandparents came from searching LDS films of church records. I found Luigi Antonio Pesci in baptism records from the commune Terenzo and the hamlet Selva del Bocchetto, film#0790838. I have found this village spelled several different ways over the years.
Terry
taps57

Post by taps57 »

I found the marriages of Luigi Pesci and his father Lorenzo Giovanni Pesci on LDS film #1732185 Borgo Val di Taro.
I have found the baptism of one of Biagio's siblings, Maria 1881 film # 1732182 Borgo Val di Taro the Parish of S. Antonio M.
I have death information for another of Biagio's siblings Giovanni provided in the reply from Parma to my request for Biagio's military registration.
Lots of pieces of info all over the place! : )
Terry