Looking for guidance in obtaining birth certificate.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Looking for guidance in obtaining birth certificate.

Post by dmurphy1940 »

CiampiGiuseppaBirthImage1150of2289Continued.jpg
CiampiGiuseppaBirthImage1149of2289.jpg
CiampiGiuseppaBirthImage1149of2289.jpg
I am not sure if this is the correct forum........I have been attempting to get my paternal grandmother's birth certificate from Frigento. (Ciampi, Giuseppa) I have found the record but my grandparents marriage record overlaps it. My grandmother died before I was born and this would be all that I have of her. No pictures that I know of.

I am attaching her birth record for clarification. I have written three times to Comune di Frigento going back to October 2013 requesting a complete photocopy of it, not an extract. I have not received an answer as of yet. I have also emailed demografici.frigento twice and have not received a reply.

Any suggestions on how I may obtain a photocopy of this birth record?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grazie,

Dolores
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for guidance in obtaining birth certificate.

Post by adelfio »

Have you send a photo ID with your request? How about a letter instead of email

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

I have written them three times, Marty. I have not sent a photo ID, I did not know that I was supposed to. Is that what the problem may be?
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

P.S. Sorry about the duplicate photo which I posted.
Grazie,

Dolores
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

It may be that they don't have the original records any more and if they did, and the marriage record is attached they won't remove it before they photocopy it. If there was an earthquake that destroyed the originals in the town the copies at the State Archives are all there is and they won't remove the marriage record either to give you a clean copy. What you would get is exactly what you already have.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

That is so disappointing. I guess I thought Family Search overlapped the marriage record but apparently I am wrong. Now that makes sense. How can I be sure of all of this. Should I write again or leave it be?
Grazie,

Dolores
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You have the record. Doesn't make sense to keep bothering the town especially if they haven't replied so far. Wait until you REALLY Needs something to be insistent.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

For the record, I am grateful for what I found as it is all that I have of my grandmother. Thanks for your input, Ann, it is appreciated.
Grazie,

Dolores