Castiglia/Abbrescia ancestry

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cgeyer

Castiglia/Abbrescia ancestry

Post by cgeyer »

I am trying to trace my roots to Francesco Saverio Abbrescia, who is a great uncle of mine. My grandmother is Elvira Castiglia from Bari, Italy, and her parents are Giuseppe and Chiara Abbrescia Castiglia. Francesco is a poet, was a monsignor and a teacher.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Castiglia/Abbrescia ancestry

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website!
Do you have some dates and did they settle in the US?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
cgeyer

Post by cgeyer »

Elvira came over to the US as a war bride after she married my grandfather in Bari. I have record of her coming to the US in 1951, but I believe she was here before then because my father was born in the US, and the record includes him traveling by ship to the US. She was born Aug 8, 1919. Francesco Saverio Abbresia was her uncle or great uncle on her mother's side. He was born in Bari , July 12 1813 and died in Bari , November 9 1852. I don't have dates for my grandmothers' mother Chiara Abbrescia.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death of Francesco Saverio Abrescia
INDEX#740
1852 Nov 9th in the town of Bari death of Francesco Saverio Abrescia age 39(abt 1813) son of Francesco Abrescia and Angela Scanni

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
cgeyer

Post by cgeyer »

Thanks for that!! There is a lot of information on him because he was very well-known. Are there brothers or sisters listed somewhere that may link him to Chiara Abbrescia? I am guessing her parents or grandparents would have been a sibling of Francesco's.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marty