Calvello, Potenza Cirone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kararosen

Calvello, Potenza Cirone

Post by kararosen »

Hello. I am trying to find information about my great grandfather, Frank Antonio Cirone, who was born to Michael and Katherine Cirone in 1873, Calvello, Italy. Any advice on where to start? I would love to know more about the family, especially the last name of Katherine (Catherine). Thanks!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Calvello, Potenza Cirone

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website if your dates are correct
INDEX#148
1873 OCT 1st in the town of Calvello birth of Francesco Cirone son of Michele Cirone age 36 farmer( son of Francesco ) and wife Caterina Ciani age 19 (daughter of deceased Canio Ciani)
PG LINK TO RECORD CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31053_A513642-00054 (1).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
kararosen

Post by kararosen »

Wow! Thank you so much for the super fast reply. This will help with my research! Thanks!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

just to add to Marty's translation-the birth took place in the house on Strada Largo Garibaldi-a house without a number

Erudita
kararosen

Post by kararosen »

Thank you!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

kararosen wrote:Thank you!

one more thing-here's the link to the records for the town which are currently online. I see that Marty didn't give you the link.

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043547

Erudita
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

THese records came from ancestry.com
Birth of Giuseppe Cirone brother of Francesco there is a error in the record I think the father is Michele he is listed in the margin but Giuseppe presenting the baby Giuseppe
INDEX#151
1875 Sept 28th in the town of Calvello in a house at vico Abate #8 birth of Giuseppe Cirone son of Michele Cirone age 37 farmer and wife Caterina Ciani
31053_A513644-00052.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage publication of Michele Cirone and Caterina Ciani
INDEX#162
1872 Oct 16th banns were posted in the town of Calvello for the marriage of Michele Cirone age 34 widower son of Francesco Cirone and deceased Maria Teresa Laurenzana to marry Maria Caterina Ciani age 19 daughter of deceased Canio Ciani and Marianna Currione???
31053_A513722-00077.jpg
Marty

Marty
TomAlciere

Post by TomAlciere »

He is also the grandfather of my sister-in-law, Brenda Lynne (Cirone) Alciere. I found his birth record and added it to FamilySearch.