Sanseverino name - likely places to look in Italy?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Sanseverino name - likely places to look in Italy?

Post by suanj »

abt the order of childrens' births.. I agree... abt other ... I know not... abt Sanseverinos/Cuozzos in Teramo province, I believe right that Rose and parent's was born near Padula in Campania province and no in Abruzzo province...
Vincenza Sanseviero birth act is true.. she was born in Padula, Salerno, Campania, IT... the ship's manifest is right also... I cannot find Raffaele ship's manifest.. I know no where he was born...
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
kniuhart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kniuhart »

Looking at the "map" of Campania, it seems that Avellino is closest, then Naples. So I will try to see what is online for those areas....(Naples has about 20 areas/churches to check!)
So.....I will be working for a while....:)
Thank you again, for all your help - plus suggestions.
kniuhart
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I searched in some commune and no luck... no much on line abt civil records of communes in Salerno province.. I believe maybe also Sala Consilina could be a possible birth place... it could be interesting to know the parent's names of Raffaele and Maria... maybe on the death certificates they can be write...
bye,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
kniuhart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kniuhart »

suanj - again, thank you.
I will have to wait for Sala Consilina to come online; apparently it is one of the ones they are working on.
Meantime, I will look at some of the others, further away....just in case. (I guess the "experience" will have Some value, anyway.)
Kind regards,
kniuhart
michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michele68 »

Raffaele Sanseviero and Mary Cuozzo were married in Padula February 2, 1882 ( archives of the church )
GENEALOGY SERVICES in Campania, Basilicata, Calabria regions, Italy
kniuhart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kniuhart »

Michele 68 --
Thank you for that information! But how did you find it? (I did not see it in the online marriage records!)
Did it say who parents of each of them were? Are they both from Padula?
kniuhart
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

suanj wrote:abt the order of childrens' births.. I agree... abt other ... I know not... abt Sanseverinos/Cuozzos in Teramo province, I believe right that Rose and parent's was born near Padula in Campania province and no in Abruzzo province...
Vincenza Sanseviero birth act is true.. she was born in Padula, Salerno, Campania, IT... the ship's manifest is right also... I cannot find Raffaele ship's manifest.. I know no where he was born...
Regards,
suanj
I am the great-granddaughter of raffaele sanseviero(sanseverino) in the us). my grandfather was raffaele and maria cuozzo's firstborn son (vincenzO) in brooklyn.-9/10/1892. I have traced the family back to the 1600's and they were born in padula. i have had their birth certificates since 1997, and i was able to find all this through tracing the birthdate of vincenza sanseviero castellano, born 2/16/1885 she was my great aunt jennie. Her sister rosa was married to a lentino.

Raffaele's father was a possidente which translates to "wealthy landowner or man with money. raffaele opened up a saloon on carroll st in bklyn. i don't recognize the person who is looking for info on the family. are you related to frank castellano, jennie's son? i also have the final citizenship papers of raffaele. he became a citizen in 1894. he came to this country in 1886, but i could not fined him in any ships' manifest. Maria and the girls i found a long time ago. i also saw raffaele in the 1930 census living with his son frank on president st bklyn.

if you are still looking for info. i have more. i do know that in 1998, i gave copies of the birthcertificates of Maria Cuozzo. raffaele and vincenza to frank castellano and ralph matteo.

today is 4/18/14 please contact me on this forum