Mayor of Reggio Calabria?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
crystalblue

Mayor of Reggio Calabria?

Post by crystalblue »

I sent a letter to the City of Reggio Calabria to obtain documents about my gggf and gggm (from hamlet of Gallico) over 6 weeks ago. About a week and a half ago, I sent a follow up email and have still gotten no response. I was advised to contact the mayor to get the documents sent in a timely manner. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out who is the mayor. From what I have read, the most recent mayor of RC has been sent to jail and an acting mayor will fill the seat until 2015. Can someone let me know if that is actually correct? What address and to whom do I send yet another request? I appreciate any input. Thanks!
Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Mayor of Reggio Calabria?

Post by Primo Mattino »

Maybe this site http://www.benvanrijswijk.com/fontigenealogiche.htm could be helpfull. Otherwise let me know what you need.
P.S. In Reggio Calabria there is no general idea that civil servants are there for the benefit of the people. The general idea here is that they are there to occupy workplace (not litterally, because physicaly they are rarely present) and to cash their monthly income.
crystalblue

Post by crystalblue »

I appreciate the link. The information that is listed says that the Archives have the holdings. I contacted them several months ago and they told me that only the municipalities have the documents and the rights to reproduce them, but I could order them on disk. When I contacted them asking for the correct address for the comune of Gallico, I got no response.

http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian_f ... ab-gal.htm

This link was a really good resource and showed that I have to contact the city of Reggio Calabria, but that is where I am now stuck!

Thanks for your help :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

crystalblue wrote:I sent a letter to the City of Reggio Calabria to obtain documents about my gggf and gggm (from hamlet of Gallico) over 6 weeks ago. About a week and a half ago, I sent a follow up email and have still gotten no response. I was advised to contact the mayor to get the documents sent in a timely manner. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out who is the mayor. From what I have read, the most recent mayor of RC has been sent to jail and an acting mayor will fill the seat until 2015. Can someone let me know if that is actually correct? What address and to whom do I send yet another request? I appreciate any input. Thanks!
You can just address your request to attention of the SINDACO [Mayor}

Here is the address from the Italian Phone Book

http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... 20Calabria

T.
Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Primo Mattino »

I happen to live in Reggio Calabria, so I know what I am talking about. There is no present mayor and if there was one he would only respond if it was electiontime and you could guarantee him a certain number of votes.
For the second time: Let me know which data you want (before 1922) and I will help you out.
crystalblue

Post by crystalblue »

I appreciate the info! Gonna send out my request now :)
crystalblue

Post by crystalblue »

Primo Mattino,

Sorry, I did not see your request for data. I need to obtain the birth and marriage certificates for my gggp who were born and married in Gallico. Domenico Suraci was born 22 March 1872 to Vincenzo and Maria Chirico. Angela Casciano was born 24 April 1873 to Antonino and Chiara Calabro. Domenico and Angela were married in 1898. I appreciate anything you do for me or have a better idea of how to obtain documents for citizenship. Frustrating to hear that Calabrese are not too keen to help!
Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Primo Mattino »

If the data are right, I don't expect any problems. Wednesday I will be at the archive and gather the documents for you. About getting citzenship though I have no idea. I am just a genealogical researcher.
crystalblue

Post by crystalblue »

You are incredible! Let me know if you need anything else :)
crystalblue

Post by crystalblue »

Also, for citizenship purposes I need the documents as Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita
and Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Matrimonio. If you need me to send you a copy of my identification or a release to obtain documents, please message me with an email address. Thanks again!