Translation for attached file: Alessio Pricolo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Translation for attached file: Alessio Pricolo

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I need another pair of eyes to confirm my translation of the attached Death Extract for Alessio Pricolo please. It is quite short, could I please have a complete translation. Thank you.
EXTRACT INDEX 778   ALESSIO PRICOLO.jpg
Angela
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translation for attached file: Alessio Pricolo

Post by liviomoreno »

It is certified by me, arch-priest curate of the distinguished collegiate church of this municipality of Saponara, that in the death register ???? the day December 16 1857 xxxxx contains the following notation-
Order # 778 Alessio Pricolo son of the deceased Francesco and Carmela Paradiso, spouses of this municipality of Saponara, aged 61, he was the widower of Angelarosa Caifano(sp?).
This truth is released to be used for marriage
Saponara November 17 1858
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote:It is certified by me, arch-priest curate of the distinguished collegiate church of this municipality of Saponara, that in the death register ???? the day December 16 1857 xxxxx contains the following notation-
Order # 778 Alessio Pricolo son of the deceased Francesco and Carmela Paradiso, spouses of this municipality of Saponara, aged 61, he was the widower of Angelarosa Caifano(sp?).This is correct :)
This truth is released to be used for marriage
Saponara November 17 1858
Great, thank you very much Livio.

This extract is quite different to what I've been use to. I did understand most of it (not the first part though) but wanted to be 100% sure.

“arch-priest curate of the distingished collegiate church?” I guess this is Catholic? Is that right?

This death extract was of course amongst his son's allegati. One thing I don't understand is why Alessio's full death record isn't included with the other 1857 Death records. There is no mention of Alessio in the index and I've saved most if not all the records for that year on to a USB stick. His record definitely isn't/wasn't there. Is there any reason why this might be? It seems odd?

Angela
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

This is a certificate from the Parish of Saponara. I have no idea why the death was not registered at the Municipality.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote:This is a certificate from the Parish of Saponara. I have no idea why the death was not registered at the Municipality.
Okay, thank you again.

Angela