Researchers in Messina, Corleone, Trapani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Researchers in Messina, Corleone, Trapani

Post by Susan »

Marty,

That's great. We know Andrea dies before Francesca left for the US from his daughter, Maria Bruno. She said this when she was still alive. I am doing my third search of the Morti records that you provided links to... Still nothing.

Do you know, if he died while on vacation in Catania ( just a wild guess since I can't find him in Messina records), do you know if it would be recorded in Messina or Catania, assuming he lived in Messina?

Susan
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If that was true he would have been recorded in the parte2 of the registry for the year he died
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

I see that for most years, those deaths are in the annual index as well. We'll just keep looking I guess.

What about church records?

Susan
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

Marty,

We think we found Andrea's father, Gateano. Would you be able to translate this for us?

Many thanks,
Susan
2014-05-02_9-36-08.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

Marty,

Also, does this marriage record list Gaetano Bruno's mother?
406cb18b-2ecd-4972-add3-a2e18e8a7351.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

It looks like the marriage record lists Domenica Casisa as Gaetano's mother, but the death record lists a Caterina LaRosa. Are we reading these correctly?

Many thanks,
Susan
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Susan wrote:It looks like the marriage record lists Domenica Casisa as Gaetano's mother, but the death record lists a Caterina LaRosa. Are we reading these correctly?

Many thanks,
Susan
Yes you are it could be possible his father was married twice

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Susan wrote:Marty,

We think we found Andrea's father, Gateano. Would you be able to translate this for us?

Many thanks,
Susan
2014-05-02_9-36-08.jpg
INDEX#443
1884 June 18th in the town of Messina in house on via San Cecilia # 16 death of Gaetano Bruno age 70 son of deceased Carmelo Bruno and deceased Caterina La Rosa and husband of deceased Maria Munavo

Marty

Marty
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

Thanks. We will see if we can find another marriage!

Also, for Gaetano's birth record, would I need to contact the church?

Appreciate your time.

Susan
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Susan wrote:Thanks. We will see if we can find another marriage!

Also, for Gaetano's birth record, would I need to contact the church?

Appreciate your time.

Susan
PARROCCHIA S. GIACOMO MAGGIORE
11, Via Gino Buganza
98124 Messina (ME)
Italy

Oggetto: risposta da Parrocchia San Giacomo al battesimo di Gaetano Bruno di Carmelo a nato Messina

Egregi Reverendo Padre,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME . Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Messina.
Vi chiedo di spedirmi l’delle fotocopie dell’atto di battesimo o di l’estratto completo dell’atto di battesimo di queste persone:
Nome e cognome: Gaetano Bruno
Data di nascita: 1813-1815
Luogo di nascita:Messina
Nome e cognome del padre: Carmelo Bruno
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

Marty,

Many thanks. We'll get that in the mail Monday.

Susan
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

Marty,

Also, you have been very kind to us. We are making great strides in our family research thanks in large part to your help.

As you know, we are planning a trip to Sicily this fall. Is there something special we could bring back for you as a token of our gratitude?

Susan
Marie
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

Marty,

Hope we didn't offend you with our offer. We sure didn't mean to. Sincere apologies if we did.

On another note, do you have any knowledge of whether grave sites exist from the 19th century, in towns like Trapani and Corleone. Are graveyards located next to churches? Just wonder if we will be able to locate the resting places of some of our ancestors.

Many thanks,
Susan
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thank you for your generous offer but I just glad to help with your family history. As far as the cemetery read this page link from angelresearch
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com/2007 ... emeteries/

Marty

Marty
Susan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Susan »

Glad to hear that, thanks. Would you be able to help us locate The death record for Giuseppe DiCaro, born in 1791 in Trapani, moved to Corleone and married at age 47 in Corleone, in the year 1838. Is there an index for Corleone?

Again, many thanks,
Susan