Post 106 Scognamiglio/Scognamillo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post 106 Scognamiglio/Scognamillo

Post by marymary52 »

I think I found more on my family genealogy. My grandmother was Maria Rosati I think this is her mother. but not sure can anyone help me? . talia, Napoli, Castellammare di Stabia: Anagrafe (Comune), 1809-1936 Italy, Napoli, Castellammare di Stabia, Civil Registration (Comune), 1809-1936 about Marianna Arcucci
Name:
Marianna Arcucci
Birth Date:
Death Date:
12 giu 1894 (12 Jun 1894)
Death Place:
Castellammare di Stabia, Napoli, Italy
Father Name:
Aniello Arcucci
Mother Name:
Anna Maria Matacena
Spouse Name:
Giuseppe Rosato
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Post 106

Post by marymary52 »

This is why I think this is family. Stanislao was my GGrandfather and Maria Rosati or Rosato was my GGrandmother. They had a son Luigi. He married a ANNA Arena and they had my Father Louis I am a Scognamiglio / Scognamillo. They had children first and then they got married later on.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... -161550-88...

Marriage act number 31 - year 1898

Groom:
Scognamillo Stanislao, widower, age 70, sailor, born and resident in Castellammare di Stabia son of the lates Pasquale and Gaetana Palermo (maiden mae)

Bride:
Rosati Anna Maria, single, age 52, housewife, born in Anacapri, resident in Castellammare di Stabia, daughter of the lates Giuseppe and Marianna Arcucci

Marriage date:
24 march 1898

Annotation:
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Post 106 Scognamiglio/Scognamillo

Post by adelfio »

If you look at the marriage record of Stanislao Scognamillo and Maria Anna Rosati they recognized the children being born to them Antonia Scognamillo 1867 April 17th Filomena Scognamillo 1870 Jan 12 Maria Scognamillo 1874 Dec 26th and Luigi Scognamillo 1877 Feb 17th
Maria Anna Rosati is the daughter of Giuseppe Rosati and Marianna Arcucci
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (352).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#419
1894 June 12th in the town of Castellammare di Stabia death record of Marianna Arcucci age 67 born in Capri daughter of deceased Aniello Arcucci and Anna Maria Matacena says she had 2 husbands deceased Giuseppe Rosati and Gaetano Scognamillo
record-image (353).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

What was the relationship with Stanisalo Scognamiglio/Scognamillo and Gaetano Scognamiglio/Scognamillo . I am sorry I am not understanding that part. :( Margaret
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

marymary52 wrote:What was the relationship with Stanisalo Scognamiglio/Scognamillo and Gaetano Scognamiglio/Scognamillo . I am sorry I am not understanding that part. :( Margaret
Im not sure you will have to find a marriage or death record of Gaetano Scognamiglio to find out if Gaetano and Stanisalo are related

Marty

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

adelfio wrote:INDEX#419
1894 June 12th in the town of Castellammare di Stabia death record of Marianna Arcucci age 67 born in Capri daughter of deceased Aniello Arcucci and Anna Maria Matacena says she had 2 husbands deceased Giuseppe Rosati and Gaetano Scognamillo
record-image (353).jpg
Marty
Hi Marty :)

I don't think that Marianna's second husband was Gaetano "Scognamillo". I can't exactly read what it says but it looks to be something like "Sangiacomol". What do you think? The name "Sangiacomo" exists but I can't find "Sangiacomol" , so far. Maybe another set of eyes is needed.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

POSSIBLE DEATH RECORD OF MARIANNA'S SECOND HUSBAND

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

DEATH RECORD GAETANO SANGIACOMO WIDOWER OF MARIANNA ARCUCCI:

I've just found the following on family search.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1482813

Maybe someone else can translate this for you Margaret. I can't at the moment.

Margaret, I'm not sure whether you use Family Search or not but it is an excellent site and you are so fortunate that a lot of your records have been indexed which makes it so much easier than for the rest of us who have to literally go page by page examining records. If you are not using Family Search I fully recommend it as an excellent site. :) It is incredibly user friendly as well. You do have to be aware though that at times names are spelt incorrectly. Good luck. :)

Angela
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

Yes, this is where I found Maria ann Arcucii . My problem is my laterally thinking.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

marymary52 wrote:Yes, this is where I found Maria ann Arcucii . My problem is my laterally thinking.
You'll be fine – just take it slowly, check and recheck and enjoy the process. The most important thing to remember is to always sight and take a copy of the “source” and document this. When you are conducting online research “don't assume” that the indexing is correct or that an online Family Tree is correct because there are often errors – we are all human and we all make mistakes. You must always have the source e.g. Birth Record etc verifying any information – or you might find yourself doing another person's family history for them. (Sometimes even Birth Records etc have errors!)

(Something that I've found helpful and which works for me is to type up Family Group Records and Pedigree Charts relating to these as I go. On each of these I also include the Index number of the Marriage Record etc. I also keep notes with each Family Group to remind me of what I need to work on or whatever. Some people use family history programs like “Roots Magic” etc. I think that it is important to find a system of keeping your research in order that works for you and just go with that :) )

Hope this helps. All the best to you.

Angela
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
adelfio wrote:INDEX#419
record-image (353).jpg
Marty

I don't think that Marianna's second husband was Gaetano "Scognamillo". I can't exactly read what it says but it looks to be something like "Sangiacomol". What do you think? The name "Sangiacomo" exists but I can't find "Sangiacomol" , so far. Maybe another set of eyes is needed.

Angela
Thank you for your back up Angela

Marty

Marty
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

I didn't know she was married twice. The first name is not right but maybe this is them.
Italia, Napoli, Castellammare di Stabia: Anagrafe (Comune), 1809-1936 Italy, Napoli, Castellammare di Stabia, Civil Registration (Comune), 1809-1936 about Gaetano Sangiacomo
Name: Gaetano Sangiacomo
Birth Date: 1831
Death Date: 20 ago 1901 (20 Aug 1901)
Death Place: Castellammare di Stabia, Napoli, Italy
Father Name: Giovanni Sangiacomo
Mother Name: Raffaela Esposito
Spouse Name: Marianna Arcuccio
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

marymary52 wrote:I didn't know she was married twice. The first name is not right but maybe this is them.
Italia, Napoli, Castellammare di Stabia: Anagrafe (Comune), 1809-1936 Italy, Napoli, Castellammare di Stabia, Civil Registration (Comune), 1809-1936 about Gaetano Sangiacomo
Name: Gaetano Sangiacomo
Estimated Birth Date: (1831)
Death Date: 20 ago 1901 (20 Aug 1901)
Death Place: Castellammare di Stabia, Napoli, Italy
Father Name: Deceased Giovanni Sangiacomo
Mother Name: Deceased Raffaela Esposito
Spouse Name: Deceased Marianna Arcucci

I'll repost the link to the "source" for you. I posted it here earlier but didn't translate it. The record says that both Gaetano's parents were deceased at the time. (The word "fu" before their names indicates they were deceased.) I know that Marianna was deceased because it says he was the "vedovo" di Marianna. (Vedovo is Widower, Vedova is Widow.) Here is the link to the death record:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1482813

(To find the source for the information indexed just click on "view document".)

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marty[/quote]

Angela[/quote]

Thank you for your back up Angela

Marty[/quote]

You are very welcome Marty. You do so much and help so many - myself included, I really appreciate you. :D

Angela
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

I wonder, when did Giuseppe Rosati died?