translation of marriage records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Casurellag

translation of marriage records

Post by Casurellag »

I have a copy of a marriage record for my husband's great grandparents in Trivigno, Italy, but I would very much like to have it translated. Would anyone be willing to help me with this?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: translation of marriage records

Post by adelfio »

Post the record use full editor and upload attachment or post a link to the record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Casurellag

Post by Casurellag »

]Here is the record in Italian. I hope it is legible. Any help is appreciated. I feel like the record has some personal information at the bottom as each record is slightly different, but I have no idea why it might say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Casurellag

Post by Casurellag »

Sorry. My relatives are Rocco Vincenzo Carosiello and Maria Teresa Casella, the record on the right of the page.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Dated Oct 2, 1887 at 10:20 a.m. in Trivigno
The groom was Rocco Vincenzo Carosiello, age 23, peasant/farmer born and residing in the town. He was the son of deceased Giuseppe Carosiello, who lived in the town when he was alive, and town resident, Vincenza Cafarella. The bride, Maria Teresa Casella, was the 22 year old daughter of deceased Giuseppe Luigi Casella and town resident, Anna Laraia. Witnesses were Rocco Petrone, age 40, a peasant/farmer. and Nicola Sarli, age 48, a property owner. Both were town residents.

Erudita
Casurellag

Post by Casurellag »

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the help.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Casurellag wrote:Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the help.
You're very welcome.
Erudita
Casurellag

Post by Casurellag »

One question. In old time English writing an f often took the place of ss. Was that the case in Italian as well? If so, is it possible that Cafarella was actually Cassarella?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Casurellag wrote:One question. In old time English writing an f often took the place of ss. Was that the case in Italian as well? If so, is it possible that Cafarella was actually Cassarella?
I honestly don't know the answer to your question. There is, however, a woman named Lesley, who has been doing extensive research on the Cafarella surname from various towns in the province. You might want to try to send her a private message and see if she knows. Her user name on the forum is below. If you don't hear back from her within a reasonable amt of time, let me know, as I have another way of contacting her.
Erudita

lcafarel
Casurellag

Post by Casurellag »

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate you taking your time to help me. I am new to working with Italian documents and all help is appreciated!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Casurellag wrote:Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate you taking your time to help me. I am new to working with Italian documents and all help is appreciated!
You're very welcome.
Erudita