Two records-translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Two records-translation

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

I appreciate if someone please translate two documents for me ..Thank you.

First one is a birth record for Nicola Antonio Fava. Appears to say something about child's father and America .. Please confirm birth parents' names as well.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392346702

The second record is marriage document for Vincenzo Fava and Antonia Capicotto. Does record say names of bride's parents -I believe it says her father was Michele Capicotto (not sure) and age of both groom and bride. Also there is writing on the bottom and also on lower right side margin=please translate this portion.

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Two records-translation

Post by erudita74 »

gentilejoy@yahoo.com wrote:I appreciate if someone please translate two documents for me ..Thank you.

First one is a birth record for Nicola Antonio Fava. Appears to say something about child's father and America .. Please confirm birth parents' names as well.

Record is dated Aug 22, 1905. Nicola Antonio Fava was born on the 21st of Aug in the house on Corso Umberto Primo. The declarant, Caterina Tarantino, age 52, a peasant/farmer in the town, announced the birth in place of the infant's father, as she had assisted with it, and he had emigrated to America. Antonia Capicotto, the infant's mother, was the wife of Vincenzo Fava and, according to the record, was living with him. So possibly, at this point, his emigration to America was only temporary.

Erudita

The second record is marriage document for Vincenzo Fava and Antonia Capicotto. Does record say names of bride's parents -I believe it says her father was Michele Capicotto (not sure) and age of both groom and bride. Also there is writing on the bottom and also on lower right side margin=please translate this portion.

The notation at the bottom right just refers to the town official closing out the register for the year, as this is the last record for the year.

The record is a marriage publication, (banns) of marriage record, and not the actual marriage record. In looking it over quickly, I see problems with names and their placements in the record. I am off to golf now and don't have time to sort this out now. If I have time later, and no one else has translated it for you, I will do it then.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

gentilejoy@yahoo.com wrote:I appreciate if someone please translate two documents for me ..Thank you.

Mother is Antonia Capicotta, legitimate wife of
Father is Vincenzo Fava, who did not present the child because he emigrated to America.
REcord #49, dated 22 August 1905
Child was born on 21st at place at Corso Umberto Primo
Given the name Nicola Antonio.

Dated 26 December 1888
Banns on 30 December and 6 January.
Groom: Vincenzo Fava, looks like 32, son of deceased Antonio and of Lucia Marino(?); widower of Antonia Solferino(?)
Bride: (This is the way it is listed????) Michele Capicotto, who appears to have been recognized(?) by/as Gisuzza Capicotto, born(?) Antinuzza,; daughter of Maria Rubino
The Bride is listed in the column as Antinuzza Capicotto
It also indicates that she is 24 and the widow of Vincenzo ????? (the allegati will have this death extract)
The couple presented the official with their birth documents and with the death acts of the wife of the groom, and the husband of the bride.

I have listed what I see...
Hope another will take a look...

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

after the bride's name Gesuzza (I believe this is the correct spelling) Capicotto, the next word after her surname is "chiamato" and then there is the first name which appears in the margin. I don't know if what T deciphered for that name is correct. So the bride's first name was Gesuzza, but she was called by the other first name which appears in the margin.

Her father does appear to have been Michele, age 60.

I think the bride's first husband was Vincenzo Tallerico. She was age 24.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

erudita74 wrote:after the bride's name Gesuzza (I believe this is the correct spelling) Capicotto, the next word after her surname is "chiamato" and then there is the first name which appears in the margin. I don't know if what T deciphered for that name is correct. So the bride's first name was Gesuzza, but she was called by the other first name which appears in the margin.

Her father does appear to have been Michele, age 60.

I think the bride's first husband was Vincenzo Tallerico. She was age 24.

Erudita
Good call on the name, Erudita! :-)

Here is the link to the death act for Vincenzo Tallarico in 1885 (#39)
Husband of Antanuzza Capicotto

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Glad you found it T. I started looking in the 1888 and 1887 death records but then got sidetracked.

By the way, I think the correct spelling of her first name is Antonuzza.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

erudita74 wrote:Glad you found it T. I started looking in the 1888 and 1887 death records but then got sidetracked.

By the way, I think the correct spelling of her first name is Antonuzza.

Erudita
Yes, the spelling of that given name was frustrating me.

T.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

A BIG thank you to both of you -Erudita74 and Tessa78 for all your help to translate these two record for me.

Nicola’s birth record confirms that his father Vincenzo was in America at the time of his birth. I understand that Vincenzo traveled back and forth for work as did many of the men from Pentone. Many left wives and children behind. Vincenzo was my great grandfather’s brother who made a home base around Niagara Falls and Buffalo. Eventually he and two other brothers went back to Pentone to their families.

Regarding the translation of marriage record of Vincenzo to Antonia Capicotto -what it revealed is that this was a 2nd marriage for both Vincenzo and Antonia -he was previously married to a Antonia Salferino who passed away. Antonia Capicotto was also previously married to a Vincenzo Tallerico who passed away.

Thanks again, both of you. I appreciate, Joy. :)
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

A BIG thank you to both of you -Erudita74 and Tessa78 for all your help to translate these two record for me.

Nicola’s birth record confirms that his father Vincenzo was in America at the time of his birth. I understand that Vincenzo traveled back and forth for work as did many of the men from Pentone. Many left wives and children behind. Vincenzo was my great grandfather’s brother who made a home base around Niagara Falls and Buffalo. Eventually he and two other brothers went back to Pentone to their families.

Regarding the translation of marriage record of Vincenzo to Antonia Capicotto -what it revealed is that this was a 2nd marriage for both Vincenzo and Antonia -he was previously married to a Antonia Salferino who passed away. Antonia Capicotto was also previously married to a Vincenzo Tallerico who passed away.

Thanks again, both of you. I appreciate, Joy. :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Glad we could both help, Joy.
Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

:D

T.
Bidwell39

Post by Bidwell39 »

Hello, Joy.
We should connect re Pentone/Niagara Falls connections. My great grandmother was Margareta Capicotto. She never lived in NF but her husband and children did.
Steve
****@hotmail.com