AMICO & PINNA married/divorced in Rome; do you know them?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
filmchickx

AMICO & PINNA married/divorced in Rome; do you know them?

Post by filmchickx »

Searching for any single twig of my husband's family tree. So far I have niente. Nada.

Mother: Maria Antonietta PINNA (born in Sardinia)--she MIGHT still be living in Modena

Father: Tindaro Orlando (or maybe it's Orlando Tindaro) AMICO born approx April 25, 1932 in Lipari or Librizzi Messina Sicily. He died in Rome in 2005; we believe that volunteers or the parish of Sacro Cuore del Suffragio church just blocks away from his home handled his death. They gave us the name of the hospital where he died, but the hospital could not even tell us where he was buried or if he was cremated.

Tindaro & Maria were married in Rome in about 1966, but not sure the exact date. Had 3 children: Roberto (my husband) in 1967; Alessandro in 1968; and Emerenziana in 1969. Maria left Tindaro and all 3 children were sent to an orphanage near Rome until the Tindaro was able to care for them.

We are not sure if a divorce was ever granted, but we do believe that Maria left the children in Rome to live with a man in Modena. They believe the man was a police officer (carabiniere) but we aren't certain.

Our searches have been exhausting---we've had friends try to pull records from the comune and our own conversations with the Italian consulate have yielded nothing.

Sooner or later someone in that family is going to do the family tree. So here's the digital record for their finding. ;-)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: AMICO & PINNA married/divorced in Rome; do you know them

Post by PeterTimber »

Why don't you google the family surname(s) you are interested in to see if they have already been researched by someone else beyond your efforts??
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: AMICO & PINNA married/divorced in Rome; do you know them

Post by adelfio »

Related thread did you ever follow Suanj advice
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 12#p212812

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty