1828 Marriage documet

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
smas1973
Master
Master

1828 Marriage documet

Post by smas1973 »

Can I Get Help To Translate This Complete Marriage Document

Thank you for the help
Attachments
Bondi Onofrio Merlina Maria Marriage 1828 (A).jpg
Bondi Onofrio Merlina Maria Marrage 1828 (B).jpg
Bondi Onfrio Merlina Maria Marriage 1828 (C).jpg
Thank You For All Your Help With The Translation Of This Documents

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Riggio, & Bondi.

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: 1828 Marriage documet

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

ATTO DELLA SOLENNE PROMESSA NO 63

Date of record is 28 November 1828 at 6 p.m. Termini, Palermo

Appearing are Onofrio Bondi, Libero – free - single, age 25 born and living in Termini, Farmer, son of Giuseppe, Aged 50, Farmer, and deceased Girolama Galioto;

Maria Merlina, single woman, aged 17, born and living in Termini, daughter of the late Saverio and Maria Palumbo, aged 46 living in Termini.

List of Allegati presented (Information required before the marriage could proceed):

1. (Birth? and) Baptism Record of groom
2. (Birth? and) Baptism Record of bride
3. Death Record of the mother of the groom
4. Death Record of father of bride and birth? And death record of paternal grandfather of bride
5. Atto di Notificazione (Marriage Bann)
6. ?

I'll let someone else fill in any gaps. It would be well worth your while to get a copy of the Allegati.

Angela
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Thank You Angela this was a big help I will look on the Termini Imerese Database website and see if I can find the Allegati record.
Thank you
Scott Mascheri

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

smas1973 wrote:Thank You Angela this was a big help I will look on the Termini Imerese Database website and see if I can find the Allegati record.
Thank you
Scott Mascheri
You are very welcome - glad I could help:D

You have found some great records here. I'm not sure what you mean by the Termini Imerese Database Website – I 've never had to research Palermo but there are Termini Allegati online at Family Search but they start at 1862:

Termini Allegati 1862: https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1947613

The other option, if they are not at the data base you refer to, would be to order one of the following films to a Family History Centre. There are some fantastic films here:

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

The Allegati pertaining to Onofrio and Maria you might find on the following film, I guess.

Allegati 1827-1828
Family History Library
International Film

I think I would exhaust all the records currently available online because Family Search are continually adding more records. Apparently they have new equipment now which can scan the little films very quickly.

Angela
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Thank you I will look at that link.
Here is the link for the Termini Imerese database.
It is a database for genealogy Researching all of Termini Imerese. If anyone is searching there that is a great place to join it's only 50.00 a year.
Www.termini-imerese.org

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Whoops, I've repeated myself here.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Sorry, I must have clicked on post instead of preview and I don't know how to delete this now.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

smas1973 wrote:Thank you I will look at that link.
Here is the link for the Termini Imerese database.
It is a database for genealogy Researching all of Termini Imerese. If anyone is searching there that is a great place to join it's only 50.00 a year.
http://Www.termini-imerese.org
This is the correct one :) :

This looks like a great website. I've been enjoying looking at the pics - I always enjoy looking at pics so will spend some more time later looking at these.

Re the Allegati, if I am reading it correctly, it looks like there are some on the website for 1828 but I notice that it says:

"ALLEGATI TRANSCRIPTION OF THE MARRIAGES
THESE ARE TRANSCRIPTIONS OF THE DOCUMENTS IN EACH MARRIAGE ALLEGATI"

so I am not sure whether this means that they are the original documents online there or whether it means that someone has transcribed (indexed) these documents. I'm always a little cautious of documents that have been indexed - I like to have access to the original record for obvious reasons. But still, it would be interesting to look at them.

The other thing that I thought of was that you could also write to the town and ask for the allegati/processetti.

Thank you again for sharing this website :D

Kind regards.
Angela
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

No problem it has been a really great resource for me researching Termini where most of my family is from.
Every thing on the site is transcribed. You can order original but
They don't look the best unfortunately. They have a lot of great things you can order on different reports. Also they have a really Nice reunion every year where people from around the world meet.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

smas1973 wrote:No problem it has been a really great resource for me researching Termini where most of my family is from.
Every thing on the site is transcribed. You can order original but
They don't look the best unfortunately. They have a lot of great things you can order on different reports. Also they have a really Nice reunion every year where people from around the world meet.
I understand. Thank you for explaining this. The website looks to be a very good resource. Yes, I noticed that they have an annual reunion where people from across the globe are able to meet. How fantastic. I would love it if there was something like that in my two towns. I have often thought that it would be wonderful to have an ItalianGenealogy.com gathering/genealogy conference somewhere – in Italy of course – (and preferably located in either Sarconi :) or Grumento Nova :) – although I think little Grumento Nova would be somewhat overwhelmed as I understand it is a little village these days, plus it is not so easy to get there. :| )

So if all the records on the Termini website have been transcribed where are you getting the records that you have been posting from? If you haven't already been through the records on Family Search – there are quite a few there, but not as old as the ones you are currently posting -I would recommend that you do this first and work backwards. Just a suggestion. That way you could just post the links to the records that you are needing to be translated, which makes it easier all round, and especially if they are hard to read. Just a thought. You may have either already done this or already have the information that is available there :)

Angela
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

I started from myself and have worked backwards on some line I have been able to go back to 7 great grandparents. From family search online to get all the death document from 1890 to 1910. I ordered from the Termini site but they were not clear enough to make out. So I ordered the most recent ones I post from family search from there photo duplication department. I try to have all family members to have some sort of document to show match to husband wife parents. I try to be 100 percent on my tree with proof back up of documents.
Scott Mascheri