Marriage Records in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mikedangelo26

Marriage Records in Italy

Post by mikedangelo26 »

Does anyone Know a Good Site to Find Marriage records or Census for Italy?

i am Looking for Record on My 2 Great Grandparents. I know there Names is Antonio D'Angelo and Serfina D'Angelo of Casacanditella, Italy,

I Know this Much because i Actually Contacted the Mayor in Casacanditella and he Found the Birth Records to my great Grandfather. but i can't seem to get a hold of him now for the marriage records

what i like to know if when they where Married and if they Had Kids other than my grandfather. and Serfina Surname before she was Married

Mike D'Angelo
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Records in Italy

Post by adelfio »

If they were married between 1809 -1900 you can rent from the Family History Library film records of Registri dello stato civile di Casacanditella (Chieti), 1809-1900 and get the info you seek Births, marriages, deaths, marriage banns, miscellaneous documents, marriage documents, citizenship records with indexes and do your research right here in the USA
ORDERING FILMS FROM FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center

FILMS OF CASACANDITELLA
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

A good bet would be to simply write to Casacanditella and request documents.

If you wish to write:
09 maggio 2014 [maggio is May; month names in Italian are written lower case]

[your name]
[your address]
STATI UNITI D'AMERICA - USA

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Casacanditella
Via Marrucina, 69
66010 Casacanditella (CH)
ITALY

Egregi Signori,

Mi chiamo [your name here], ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto.

Vi scrivo affinché mi aiutiate a reperire:

* Copia integrale dell'atto di Matrimonio
* Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Matrimonio

per il mio bisnonni:

* D'ANGELO ANTONIO nato nel Comune di Casacanditella, in data (his date of birth spelled out as above), paternità (his father's name or "incerto" unknown), maternità (his mother's name or "incerto" unknown)

* e sua moglie SERAFINA

Vi prego di farmi sapere quanto dovuto per il servizio e per i costi di spedizione.

Distinti saluti,

[your signature]

Birth/marriage/death photocopies of original registry pages are called: Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte. These are more difficult to read but contain lots of additional useful information compared to...

Birth/marriage/death computer-generated (sometimes hand-written) extracts are: Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte

Most comuni do not charge for these documents. Do send a large, self-addressed (but not stamped) envelope if possible; be sure to put "STATI UNITI D'AMERICA - USA" in the final line of your address. It is also a good idea to include a copy of your ID (driver's license, for example) as some comuni will not process requests without it.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
mikedangelo26

Post by mikedangelo26 »

thanks for the info i will check into it
mikedangelo26

Post by mikedangelo26 »

I want to thanks all the nice folks on here that Helped me out on this. i took you advice and Order teh Microfilms. and found some Good Info. you all are Very Awesome