Bucci, Massimino from San Salvo, & Casalbordino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marciasilvestri

Bucci, Massimino from San Salvo, & Casalbordino

Post by marciasilvestri »

Hi All, I am just beginning to look for my grandfather's family. He changed his name upon entering Montreal, Canada, from (reportedly) Cosimino, to Massimino Bucci, when he entered the U.S. in October of 1909. He was born in Casalbordino, Chieti, Abruzzo, in 1891, but always said, with pride, he was from San Salvo. I have had no luck finding "Cosimino" Bucci. His father was Nicola, and his mother was Maria Ricciardi.
Does anyone have any advice for me? I've exhausted FamilySearch, and several other sites.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Bucci, Massimino from San Salvo, & Casalbordino

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Neither name is a commonly recognized Italian nome; see http://www.nomix.it/nomi-italiani-lettera-C.php

Before I waste a lot of time telling you things you already know, do you have an ancestry.com account? There are several records relating to Massiminio.

What is it you are hoping to find? Canada records? US records? Italian records?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Bucci, Massimino from San Salvo, & Casalbordino

Post by suanj »

marciasilvestri wrote:Hi All, I am just beginning to look for my grandfather's family. He changed his name upon entering Montreal, Canada, from (reportedly) Cosimino, to Massimino Bucci, when he entered the U.S. in October of 1909. He was born in Casalbordino, Chieti, Abruzzo, in 1891, but always said, with pride, he was from San Salvo. I have had no luck finding "Cosimino" Bucci. His father was Nicola, and his mother was Maria Ricciardi.
Does anyone have any advice for me? I've exhausted FamilySearch, and several other sites.
Massimino declared on this record, that he was born in San Salvo:

Name: Massinneno Bucci
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: Canton City no 35, Massachusetts, United States
Nationality: Italy
Birth Date: 29 Apr 1891
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1968530
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: